Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    Having once crushed a 3-wood on a 135 yard par 3 on a west Texas golf course and watched the ball land on the front edge of the green and then roll back towards me, I can attest to the strength of a Texas wind. And this was on an otherwise perfectly pleasant day! You have to have a boat for the conditions you fish in.
    Lol I believe it. It’s rare to have a day here, especially in the spring, that it’s not blowing 25 at least. Forget playing golf in that…

2. Member
    Thanks again everyone. I am not overly concerned with speed. Would it be fun, sure, but mid 50’s is plenty for me. I will get passed in tourneys by some, but I am used to that. The layout is what sells me on the the Lund. 4 seats, center rod storage that holds long rods, storage galore that is dry, and a cockpit with room. The stability and rough water ability are nice safety considerations.
    I hope I love it as much as I think I will.

3. Member
    Pro V Bass before 2020 the fit and finish was poor. Plastic console, wet storage, the standard trailer is garbage.

2021 plus the there is a huge difference in the boat. They fixed all those issues. fiberglass console, dry storage, padded deck exc. But there is also a hug increase in price, Due popularity, inflation, more feathers exc.

My man Jeff Gustafson has really boosted the popularity of the boat. That man needs a raise from Lund!

4. Member
    I own the 2021 version of the Lund Pro V Bass, I have never owned the previous years. My previous boats were fiberglass. I think the build quality is only bested by Bass Cat, and the ride quality is bested by nobody.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by supra360 View Post
    Pro V Bass before 2020 the fit and finish was poor. Plastic console, wet storage, the standard trailer is garbage.

2021 plus the there is a huge difference in the boat. They fixed all those issues. fiberglass console, dry storage, padded deck exc. But there is also a hug increase in price, Due popularity, inflation, more feathers exc.

My man Jeff Gustafson has really boosted the popularity of the boat. That man needs a raise from Lund!
    I would disagree with this statement. My 2019 has the best fit and finish of any boat I have owned, and has never had a drop of water in any compartment.

6. Member
    Not that it matters because i can't afford new alum. or glass, but having to move rods everytime i needed to get to my tackle would get pretty old for me. Center rod boxes are nice for storage, but kinda suck fishability wise.
    Wave Therapy

7. Member
    On the Lunds you can lay them on the gunnels next to the driver and passenger areas. So you dont need to have the rods covering your storage boxes if you dont want to. So thats kinda a moot point with these rigs. Get the long center rod storage and plenty of on deck rod storage that doesnt impede access.

8. Member
    I just sold my 1875 Bass. The fit/finish was fine.
    If I cant find a flaw, one probably doesnt exist.
    The stability of these hulls will take a back seat
    to other boat. The storage capacity is enormous.
    As far as water tight compartments, I dont know.
    I have not had one of my boats wet on the top
    side in the last 30yrs. The front compartments
    should be bone dry. I had the XS model and the rear
    compartments, I will guarantee them to get wet. Big
    zip lock bags are your friend. The rear compartment
    even though they will hold a lot, the lid openings are not big
    enough to get a water tight container through that will take
    advantage of the useable room. Poor engineering for a
    company that has been building boats as long as LUND.
    I have owned several Aluminum boats, and have never owned
    a hull that if you walked in it while on the trailer, you would feel
    a flex. NOT WITH MY LUND. It was solid as standing on concrete.
    For a roomy/stable, good rough water ride, you wont find any boat
    brand that will compare to the LUND bass. LDS
    Larry D. Scott Retired KY Water patrol/F&W
    www.greatscottshooters.com

2008 TRACKER TV 18 w/150 Mercury 4S
    MK Ultrex 80lb, 102 Garmin Live scope
    and a UHD93SV Garmin on the bow.
    UHD 93SV at the console.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan9 View Post
    On the Lunds you can lay them on the gunnels next to the driver and passenger areas. So you dont need to have the rods covering your storage boxes if you dont want to. So thats kinda a moot point with these rigs. Get the long center rod storage and plenty of on deck rod storage that doesnt impede access.
    Anyone ever taken the rod tubes/compartment out of the center rod locker on the Pro-V Bass? I have the 1875 and have thought about it, but would like to hear from someone that has actually done this first. Hate to tear apart the locker, but laying the rods in there together in rod socks would be easier than in/out of the tubes - especially the bottom row.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FryDog62 View Post
    Anyone ever taken the rod tubes/compartment out of the center rod locker on the Pro-V Bass? I have the 1875 and have thought about it, but would like to hear from someone that has actually done this first. Hate to tear apart the locker, but laying the rods in there together in rod socks would be easier than in/out of the tubes - especially the bottom row.
    I used to think the same thing, my previous boat had an open rod compartment. When I bought the Lund I found that using rod socks allows for multiple rods to be stored in the same tube. So I use rod socks with my Lund Pro V Bass and I feel the tubes are functionally pretty close to an open rod locker, although given the choice I would probably go with the open locker, but not a big enough difference to overhaul the locker. Try some rod socks for a while and see what you think.

11. Member
    Interesting comments on this boat as the design and layout are what attract people to it especially in the upper mid west or if you are fishing any shield or multi species lakes. I ran an alumacraft 185 competitor for years and my buddy runs a 1875 lund impact. First of all both were great fishing family boats especially with kids, here is my beef with these boats and I think the original poster said it above "My friend is always wet riding around in his lund". What point is having a good rough riding boat if you have to live in your rain gear, and no not all boats are like that, I can count on one hand the amount of times I have been wet in my basscat. I know the poster is not comparing fiberglass to aluminum but 73K for that boat it better come with a lifetime supply of aftco hydronaut suits because if you fish in wind and run you are wet. Just my experience and it was the same in my alumacraft the spray rails would throw water 15ft straight out the side and it would blow right back at us. Maybe I am just shell shocked at the prices. Good luck as I am sure the fishability is awesome.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    Having once crushed a 3-wood on a 135 yard par 3 on a west Texas golf course and watched the ball land on the front edge of the green and then roll back towards me, I can attest to the strength of a Texas wind. And this was on an otherwise perfectly pleasant day! You have to have a boat for the conditions you fish in.
    You Crushed a 3wood on a 135 yd hole and it rolled off the front of the green? How far do you normally hit a 3W...175 yds?
    2022 Vexus AVX 1980CC
    2022 Merc 150 Pro XS

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydro870 View Post
    I used to think the same thing, my previous boat had an open rod compartment. When I bought the Lund I found that using rod socks allows for multiple rods to be stored in the same tube. So I use rod socks with my Lund Pro V Bass and I feel the tubes are functionally pretty close to an open rod locker, although given the choice I would probably go with the open locker, but not a big enough difference to overhaul the locker. Try some rod socks for a while and see what you think.
    I do have rod socks and although the rod locker holds 15 rods, I cram 2-3 more in there. The hard problem is getting any of the rods out on the bottom row (even the middle row) rod socks or not. Have to work just to get ahold of them down there, and really bend the rod around those in the top two rows just to bow the rod enough so you don’t damage the guides coming out of the tubes. Seems they would all lay in there much better in rod socks without all the tubes, but most importantly pull out much smoother.
    Last edited by FryDog62; 11-12-2021 at 08:27 AM.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by supra360 View Post
    Gussy had a lot of input on the development of Pro V Bass.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Mac View Post
    Gussy had a lot of input on the development of Pro V Bass.
    I understand this thread is about the Bass Pro V. The old 2021 Pro V LE was a great boat for bass fishing if you could adjust for the wind. Front deck was incredible. I had both the 2025 LE and the 1900 LE photo boats in the 2005 catalog. Were memo boats given to me for my Pro Staff for Crappie fishing. Several videos made by Jerry Hancock and Paul O'Beir from the 2025. You Tube video Trolling for Crappie 13 years ago. Would love to see those models back as multifish. Of course I removed the Kickers from them. Man that video seems old.
    Last edited by texoma; 11-14-2021 at 02:16 PM.

16. Member
    Has anyone figured out a mod to keep the furthest back compartment on the 1875 Pro V Bass dry? Water pours through the back of the hinge the second I open it. That's my only complaint about the boat.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by texoma View Post
    I understand this thread is about the Bass Pro V. The old 2021 Pro V LE was a great boat for bass fishing if you could adjust for the wind. Front deck was incredible. I had both the 2025 LE and the 1900 LE photo boats in the 2005 catalog. .
    I had a couple LE's, myself. A 1900 and a 2025. Al Lindner and Gary Roach were the ones who came up with that layout. I agree, they were an excellent 2- man fishing platform, for sure.

18. Member
    Thanks again everyone for all you input. I traded in my boat on a shiny new 2022 Lund Pro V Bass XS. My dealer took delivery of the very first 2022 Lunds and I will be able to pick her up next week. I got a special color that is not even on the website. It is like a sparkly charcoal grey. I am very excited for Spring to come. It is sure going to be sad storing her before putting her in the water!!

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FishMN View Post
    Thanks again everyone for all you input. I traded in my boat on a shiny new 2022 Lund Pro V Bass XS. My dealer took delivery of the very first 2022 Lunds and I will be able to pick her up next week. I got a special color that is not even on the website. It is like a sparkly charcoal grey. I am very excited for Spring to come. It is sure going to be sad storing her before putting her in the water!!
    Big Congrats to you! I'm SURE you're very excited....hehehe Early Christmas....😉

20. Member
    Thanks so much. I am very excited. I would be more excited if I lived in Texas, Slicefixer!! Warm weather and giant bass. SCORE!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast