Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Member
    I have heard Waconda come up a few times. I need to give them a call. A trip south to grab the boat and do some fishing would be ok. As far as accessories, I looked at the breakdown on the estimate and it was the same as Tackle Warehouse and most other places. I am sure there are deals if you really search, but with the shortage of everything and high demand, I think deals on those are getting few and far between. I may just have to bite the bullet and order it up. Thanks again for all the ideas. I really have lined this site for a while now. Glad I finally decided to post.

I called Lund and they couldn’t explain why their warranty, the binding document, was not on their website. I asked about the single rivets, as only the double rivers have a lifetime warranty. Lund explained to repair a rivet they would have to remove the deck and cut through the flotation foam. Major labor hours. Lund makes a fine boat. But to say it’s equal to fiberglass and worth that kind of money is simply not true. The ride quality between glass and aluminum is apple’s and oranges.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j791 View Post
    I called Lund and they couldn’t explain why their warranty, the binding document, was not on their website. I asked about the single rivets, as only the double rivers have a lifetime warranty. Lund explained to repair a rivet they would have to remove the deck and cut through the flotation foam. Major labor hours. Lund makes a fine boat. But to say it’s equal to fiberglass and worth that kind of money is simply not true. The ride quality between glass and aluminum is apple’s and oranges.
    OK, with that statement about ride quality we now know you have never owned a Lund Pro V Bass and therefore not qualified to make the statements you have been making. I have owned multiple fiberglass boats and now the Lund Pro V Bass. The Pro V rides smoother than a fiberglass Bass boat and it’s not even close. I was shocked when I made the switch. The Lund is more solid when hitting waves, lands softer, has no hull slapping and no jarring like fiberglass bass boats. Something tells me your aluminum experience is with Jon Boats or very light/small boats. The Lund Pro V hull is a heavy deep v designed for big water walleye, it’s a completely different animal.

4. Member
    Guarantee he hasn't ridden in or owned an X21 or GT Strike Series either. If there is a difference it's marginal and the ability to get into shallower waterz etc offsets.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydro870 View Post
    OK, with that statement about ride quality we now know you have never owned a Lund Pro V Bass and therefore not qualified to make the statements you have been making. I have owned multiple fiberglass boats and now the Lund Pro V Bass. The Pro V rides smoother than a fiberglass Bass boat and it’s not even close. I was shocked when I made the switch. The Lund is more solid when hitting waves, lands softer, has no hull slapping and no jarring like fiberglass bass boats. Something tells me your aluminum experience is with Jon Boats or very light/small boats. The Lund Pro V hull is a heavy deep v designed for big water walleye, it’s a completely different animal.
    Yep, my thoughts exactly when I read this. I owned two 21 foot fiberglass boats before my PVB 2075. They were dryer rides, but not even close to this one in big water for smoothness and safety. In light chop, they were faster and just as smooth. This boat really shines when it gets really bad. Bad part is, I’ll do stupid stuff in this boat that I wouldn’t even try before, because I wasn’t interested in sinking.

6. Member
    Once again you have never owned a Lund to back your statement? Your statement on ride comparison of a glass boat vs a Lund is apples to oranges is very inaccurate. I love you guys that makes statements, that you are clueless on, and continue to stand by that inaccurate statement because you are boxed in.

You continue to argue the point of a repair of a rivet needing to remove decking to replace rivet. You are correct. Repairing a hole in a fiberglass boat correctly requires the same. As a Champion dealer at the same time I was a Lund dealer if damage happened to the hull of the Champion the same exact procedure was required for a "proper repair to the fiberglass hull".

7. Member
    I spent the afternoon yesterday with a marine dealer of almost 5 decades.....very successful too. He is an Xpress dealer and runs an X21, but, he is a dealer of high quality fiberglass boats as well. I asked him if his X21 rode as well as similar fiberglass hulls. I'm paraphrasing but close...."yes.....and if there is a difference it's very, very small and more than made up by the advantages of Al vs fiberglass in shallow water, junky water, etc"

8. Member
    Is it me or do you bring this same thing up on every Lund thread about the warranty. No offense see alot of Lunds on the water here in NY many of them are older than most bass boats. Guys dont seem to be having many rivet issues.

9. Member
    I have to admit to not having experience in a lot of glass boats, but riding in my partners 1875 pro v bass is different than any other aluminum boat I have been in. It rides very smooth and great in rough water like Mille Lacs. A rain suit is needed like I would assume in any bass boat

10. Goby King
    Boy, if rivets were a problem, don't ya think these guys would be experiencing issues? Try to run your glass here and let me know how that goes.

11. Member
    Cmon some people gotta have something to complain about, or they just wouldnt know what to talk about.

12. Member
    Just flew from NY to LA on a Boeing jet. Rivets everywhere. Seemed safe and durable.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydro870 View Post
    Why should a Pro V Bass cost less than a fiberglass boat. It’s a higher quality build than most fiberglass boats out there and Lund resale values are traditionally very high as a result. You get what you pay for and Lund is top of the line.
    Because one can get a 20ft glass rig with a 250 and rigged very well for same price as a 18ft tin.

14. Member
    Why there are all sorts of options for people on the market today. Everyone likes something different and we all value things differently. Whats worth it to one person is not to the other. Some people just dont have a need for a glass bass boat, and just value the versatility of the PVB and the XS layout much more. Listen do any of us like the prices, I would have to imagine no one has ever made a thread that said, WOW Bass Prices are SO Cheap. Look at the end of the day it's a luxury item, and they have us all by the balls. We love to fish, and we love our boats. Thats the prices today. Just because the Lund is "tin" and not glass does not mean it's substandard. THe Lund is built like a tank, and you can run them like one. So you pay more for that rugged construction and legendary big water hull. I took my first ride in an 1875 PVB this past week, and the ride in big water is on a whole different level than a glass bass boat. I have owned a Ranger, Skeeter, and now in a Triton. An have spent alot of time in a Basscat and a few other brands - all awesome boats and do different things great. The Lund is a better ride in big water period, it's just a different animal than a glass boat - and the layout puts it in its own unique class with the XS layout. People who own them or have been in them I am sure will agree, don't let the size fool you. Get what you want, and what your pocket can afford - dont let the price and the fact thats its a "tin" and not a sparkley glass boat (which I own) deter you, they are all overpriced. Once my kiddos are little older I myself will be switching to the PVB 1875 and I wont regret it.
    Last edited by MetsFan9; 10-04-2021 at 03:41 PM.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan9 View Post
    Why there are all sorts of options for people on the market today. Everyone likes something different and we all value things differently. Whats worth it to one person is not to the other. Some people just dont have a need for a glass bass boat, and just value the versatility of the PVB and the XS layout much more. Listen do any of us like the prices, I would have to imagine no one has ever made a thread that said, WOW Bass Prices are SO Cheap. Look at the end of the day it's a luxury item, and they have us all by the balls. We love to fish, and we love our boats. Thats the prices today. Just because the Lund is "tin" and not glass does not mean it's substandard. THe Lund is built like a tank, and you can run them like one. So you pay more for that rugged construction and legendary big water hull. I took my first ride in an 1875 PVB this past week, and the ride in big water is on a whole different level than a glass bass boat. I have owned a Ranger, Skeeter, and now in a Triton. An have spent alot of time in a Basscat and a few other brands - all awesome boats and do different things great. The Lund is a better ride in big water period, it's just a different animal than a glass boat - and the layout puts it in its own unique class with the XS layout. People who own them or have been in them I am sure will agree, don't let the size fool you. Get what you want, and what your pocket can afford - dont let the price and the fact thats its a "tin" and not a sparkley glass boat (which I own) deter you, they are all overpriced. Once my kiddos are little older I myself will be switching to the PVB 1875 and I wont regret it.
    Best post I have read on this thread so far!

16. Member
    Look at my signature The hull is white w/gray carpet decks and vinyl floor
    The motor has 14.5 hrs. Silver/Gray single axle trailer.
    Its just new, ready to fish for 50K FIRM Pickup in Cadiz Ky
    (western Ky). LDS

THE LUND, IT'S GONE TO A NEW HOME. LDS
    Last edited by Great Scott; 12-09-2021 at 06:35 PM.
    Larry D. Scott Retired KY Water patrol/F&W
    www.greatscottshooters.com

2008 TRACKER TV 18 w/150 Mercury 4S
    MK Ultrex 80lb, 102 Garmin Live scope
    and a UHD93SV Garmin on the bow.
    UHD 93SV at the console.

17. Member
    One thing that Skeeter will do the the Lund won't and that's go over 64 mph even with the 250.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mdtritn21 View Post
    One thing that Skeeter will do the the Lund won't and that's go over 64 mph even with the 250.
    True.

Except the Lund will run 55 in stuff the Skeeter would bury the nose in over 35. And beat you to death. I’d love to have more speed in light chop or smooth water, but you have to pick what conditions matter the most to you. I hate rough water, so I bought mine so that I wouldn’t have to worry about that anymore. Before I had this boat, the wind pretty much dictated where I fished. Now I look forward to it, since it gives me a competitive advantage that I normally give up in speed. Each to his own.

19. Goby King
    Quote Originally Posted by mdtritn21 View Post
    My experience is if you're considering a Lund, you don't GAF about speed. I know it wasn't my concern when I ordered my Lund.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by blakesfav View Post
    True.

Except the Lund will run 55 in stuff the Skeeter would bury the nose in over 35. And beat you to death. I’d love to have more speed in light chop or smooth water, but you have to pick what conditions matter the most to you. I hate rough water, so I bought mine so that I wouldn’t have to worry about that anymore. Before I had this boat, the wind pretty much dictated where I fished. Now I look forward to it, since it gives me a competitive advantage that I normally give up in speed. Each to his own.
    Having once crushed a 3-wood on a 135 yard par 3 on a west Texas golf course and watched the ball land on the front edge of the green and then roll back towards me, I can attest to the strength of a Texas wind. And this was on an otherwise perfectly pleasant day! You have to have a boat for the conditions you fish in.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast