Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Those are really nice boats but I think it would be hard to sell them at that price.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FishMN View Post
    Base price for the 1875 pro v xs, 200 pro xs, hot foot, digital throttle, and custom single axle trailer is $52,000. Add in the Ultrex 112, Helix 10 si, Helix 10 DI, Helix 12, twin Raptors, hydraulic jack plate, batteries and battery charger, and tax ($5200),and voila $72,000.
    a tough pill to swallow knowing that everyone jacked up prices, but who knows what it will be in the future. Will they come down or follow this ridiculous inflation we are seeing.
    As long as people can qualify for the loan (20 year notes?) a LOT will buy em. It doesn't take many individuals willing to do this to exhaust a manufactures budgeted yearly production and then they've got 2 choices.....1) Hire, train, and up production to meet demand (IF they can source the materials, components).....or 2) raise the price to up the revenue from their current budgeted production and take advantage of the increased demand, etc.....or both 1 and 2.

Man, to me this is beginning to smell like the " '08 of boats".....Chinese have us by the important parts (in several ways), increased demand (real or artificial), and more people willing to saddle themselves up with a larger and larger debt load.....possible "tulip affect?"

Anyway, the Lund is an incredible boat....one of a few Al boats that can compete heads up with a similar glass boat. I can certainly see and appreciate the attraction....100%

3. Member
    Crestliner bass hawk looks fairly similar (I think the pro v bass has the pad hull?), but an awful lot cheaper. I personally like the pedestal seats with jump seat option with the bass hawk, makes it pretty versatile
    Nitro Z18
    175hp ProXS

4. Member
    People keep paying, prices keep going

Oh BS on Lund being comparable to a Skeeter. No way a riveted aluminum boat beats a fiberglass Skeeter. Lund high pricing is absurd. Yes, all boat pricing has gone up but Lund pricing is just illogical. And look at the Lund warranty, they say LIFETIME hull warranty right? Nope, only on the double riveted seams. All those single rivets are only covered fully for 3 years and then prorated up to 10…at year 10 you pay almost the entire cost. The rivet must be replaced, per Lund, from the inside of the hull. So take off the deck and cut through the flotation foam. Guess how many labor hours that is…$$$. In fact, notice Lund does not post the actual warranty on their website…only a small statement about how great their warranty is but not the actual binding document. Does Lund make a great boat, yes. Are they worth the 2022 pricing…no way.

6. Member
    I run an aluminum rig myself and love it. However...if I'm spending 70k on a new rig it's not going to be on a lund. There are benefits to aluminum but people started going aluminum because it was considerably cheaper than comparable glass boats. Dollar for dollar I'd buy a glass rig every time. Obviously everyone has their opinions and I agree lund makes a fine boat. Fine enough to command glass boat prices? Absolutely not. Until everyone stops spending absurd amounts of money on these rigs they won't go down in price. Pay over twice as much for a boat as I did for my truck brand new a year ago...I can't wrap my head around it. Each to their own though!
    Derek McCarty

7. Member
    Thanks for the honest advice fellas. That has been my sticking point in making this purchase as well. It just seems crazy to spend $72,000 on a 19’ aluminum boat. I just love the layout so much. I wish more would make a layout like the Lund.
    Haven’t glass boats gone crazy In price as well?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j791 View Post
    Oh BS on Lund being comparable to a Skeeter. No way a riveted aluminum boat beats a fiberglass Skeeter. Lund high pricing is absurd. Yes, all boat pricing has gone up but Lund pricing is just illogical. And look at the Lund warranty, they say LIFETIME hull warranty right? Nope, only on the double riveted seams. All those single rivets are only covered fully for 3 years and then prorated up to 10…at year 10 you pay almost the entire cost. The rivet must be replaced, per Lund, from the inside of the hull. So take off the deck and cut through the flotation foam. Guess how many labor hours that is…$$$. In fact, notice Lund does not post the actual warranty on their website…only a small statement about how great their warranty is but not the actual binding document. Does Lund make a great boat, yes. Are they worth the 2022 pricing…no way.
    Skeeters are a half tin and half fiberglass concoction, their tin decks are no where near the quality of Lund decks. At this very moment there is a thread on the Skeeter forum of trolling motor stabilizer braces punching holes right through Skeeter decks, are you kidding me! Not only that, FXR storage is notoriously wet, several threads of inches of standing water in the compartments of new boats just from a little rain, go to the Skeeter forum and read the comments of Skeeter owners. Why would anyone pay more for a Skeeter over a Lund? You just get so much more build quality with the Lund and that’s why they have really high resale value. In addition to the superior quality, Lunds ride WAY smoother, have a way more solid feel when hitting waves, they don’t spear waves, dryer storage, WAY more storage, more seating, and have a bigger cockpit. Skeeters are faster in calm water and Lunds are faster in rough water. The Lund hull is also going to last way longer because aluminum is a superior material in terms of longevity, lots of articles about fiberglass hulls rotting out under the bunks and arguments about who’s epoxy is best at preventing this inevitable outcome.
    Last edited by Hydro870; 09-27-2021 at 06:45 AM.

9. Member
    The Lund CAN compete 100%...... so can the Xpress X21....the GT can as well...IMOP. I'd take a Strike Series over a Skeeter every single time.

As far as are they "worth" the money? Well, that's up to the individual, their mission, and their bank account.

Btw, I think skeeters are fine boats, one of my favorites. However, I prefer Al because I fish some seriously junky h20.

10. Member
    I switched from a Champion 20ft to my 1875 Pro V bass in Feb 2020. after over 20+ years in a glass boat i was very hesitant but after going out with a buddy in his Lund i pulled the trigger. i have NOT looked back once. triple the storage better dry ride fits my long swimbait rods in the locker all boxes 100% dry . zero complaints at all. i got the boat all bone stock i installed full Garmin trolling motor graphs extra batteries live scope ect ect. best boat ive owned crazy room much wider then my old glass boat. i can go on for hrs
    jerrysroadservice@gmail.com
    2017 Lund Pro V Bass 1875

11. Member
    Thanks again everyone. Lund owners really seem to love those boats. My tourney partner has one and I love it. The new price increase is what is really scaring me away a little. I can afford it or I wouldn’t be looking at it, but I had some serious sticker shock. I am getting a solid trade in for my boat that probably reflects the increase in prices as well.

12. Member
    Just because you are getting a solid trade doesnt mean they should be jacking up the sale price on the other end, then the trade value is really a moot point. Honestly, if you can buy a lot of your electronics and accessories yourself, Lund is far more expensive for many of their add ons. Regarding the price increase, well seems like everything in life has increased. I bought a house for 30K over asking, and I wasn't even the highest bidder. These are the times we are in, next year that Lund wont be cheaper to buy. Personally I would purchase my electronics, charger etc myself and rig it in a weekend and save quite a bit. But thats just me. Much of the reason your looking at such a high price point is the add on's your getting.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan9 View Post
    Just because you are getting a solid trade doesnt mean they should be jacking up the sale price on the other end, then the trade value is really a moot point. Honestly, if you can buy a lot of your electronics and accessories yourself, Lund is far more expensive for many of their add ons. Regarding the price increase, well seems like everything in life has increased. I bought a house for 30K over asking, and I wasn't even the highest bidder. These are the times we are in, next year that Lund wont be cheaper to buy. Personally I would purchase my electronics, charger etc myself and rig it in a weekend and save quite a bit. But thats just me. Much of the reason your looking at such a high price point is the add on's your getting.
    /\ /\ /\ Yep....100%..../\ /\ /\

14. Member
    I have actually checked 3 dealerships and they have all quoted me about the same price. I am not it can be found much cheaper. If it can, I would love to know how. I am serious about getting this boat, I just couldn’t believe the price so I thought I should see what you all thought. You know much more than I do about the bass boat game. Thsnks

15. Member
    KNOW the boat (in this case the Lund) inside and out.....find a high quality used one......search very diligently and with great patience..... eventually you'll find one, maybe tomorrow, maybe next month, or maybe 6 months from now.....when you find one know what to look for and the questions to ask.....pics and a lot of em.....then be ready to travel and pounce.... cash in hand.

That's what I did and I was NOT worried about the TM, electronics, etc....hull condition and the engine. ANYthing beyond that I considered a bonus because I knew I could add em. I also knew the value of EVERYthing so that I could, in my mind, add/deduct from the seller's price....that way you can spot a possible deal lickety split. But my only real concern was the hull then the engine.

You can save a lot of money going that route. However, I realize there are other opinions and mine's not correct for EVERYbody. Plus i like DIY projects, most don't.

Hang in.....you'll find her.

16. Member
    Thanks Slicefixer. That’s what my buddy did. He found a 1 year old 1875 with basically everything he wanted. It was loaded on consignment at a dealership. He low balled them. They declined. They called a week later and asked if he was still interested. Of course, that was PRE COVID. I am just not sure what is going to happen in the near future. This has become a crazy world. I appreciate everyone’s opinions. Great advice on all sides. Good fishing to you all. I have some thinking to do.

17. Member
    Hehehe......dunno if "crazy" covers it, but, it's certainly beyond anything I could have ever imagined (and I have a pretty vivid imagination)....hehehe

Just be patient and you'll find YOUR deal. It's out there somewhere, ya' just gotta' lock down on EXACTLY what you want
    (which you have) and figure out a price range that's comfortable for you. Then keep searching until you find er'.

I actually enjoyed the research, then the actual search, then the DIY.... glutten for punishment I guess.... hehe

18. Member
    Price is what it is at this stage, if you want it loaded like you have listed and want it loaded from the factory then I think you should prepare yourself for that price tag. That is a very loaded up rig you are looking to buy, which is why there is such a high tag associated with it. There are ways to minimize cost such has been suggested, if you are more interested in picking it up from the dealer water ready and loaded up with a padded deck, jackplate, 3 big graphs, dual poles and all the bells and whistles, then yup I can't imagine much wiggle room from dealer to dealer. No deals being offered on boats these days, or really anything else, kinda got u by the nuts. If you want it just buy it. If you wanna save some money look used, or buy some of the accessories and add them on yourself. There are some major markups on electronics and accessories from Lund. Just saying. Sounds though like you want it rigged and ready, so be prepared to pay the price. Unfortunately thats the harsh reality of the market. Check with Waconda - honesty they gave me a great price, just gotta be willing to travel sometimes for what you want.

19. Member
    Have you ever owned a Lund? Sold hundreds of them in Dallas. Still in contact with owners of boats I sold 20 years ago. Guess what no leaks. Some have been beat up so bad on Lake lewisville and Lake Lavon, along with cedar Creek, that you can no longer read Lund on the side. Zero bad rivets. No way an inferior boat would hold up to timber crappie fishing.
    Last edited by texoma; 09-29-2021 at 01:43 PM.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by texoma View Post
    Have you ever owned a Lund? Sold hundreds of them in Dallas. Still in contact with owners of boats I sold 20 years ago. Guess what no leaks. Some have been beat up so bad on Lake lewisville and Lake Lavon, along with cedar Creek, that you can no longer read Lund on the side. Zero bad rivets. No way an inferior boat would hold up to timber crappie fishing.
    Exactly, the reason Lunds are so popular in the Canadian Shield Lakes of Ontario is because continuous lake bottom contact with jagged rocks is the norm. Try that with a fiberglass hull or welded aluminum.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast