Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by brnzbaklvr View Post
    How many of those same soldiers recieved the Anthrax vaccine without losing their minds??? Remember that was initially under emergency order also for DOD personnel...I started my series in 2004 before deployment....I dont remember seeing any objections until 2005 when the DOD put the shots on hold for awhile..and even then Soldiers lined up and got their vaccines...Out of an entire Brigade I had 0 refusals....Why?? Because it wasnt political..
    Woody

2. Banned
    How many of those same soldiers recieved the Anthrax vaccine without losing their minds??? Remember that was initially under emergency order also for DOD personnel...I started my series in 2004 before deployment....I dont remember seeing any objections until 2005 when the DOD put the shots on hold for awhile..and even then Soldiers lined up and got their vaccines...Out of an entire Brigade I had 0 refusals....Why?? Because it wasnt political..
    How long had Anthrax and the Vaccine for it been around at that point?

3. Member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthrax_vaccines

That vaccine was approved 40 years before you took it. I was active duty in 97, I fought taking it since I was not in a position that deployed, I was geographically separated from my unit two years from military retirement. I’ll admit that was the only world wide deployment vaccine I managed to avoid.

When I moved here in 2007 I had a neighbor that had a severe reaction to the vaccine. He took it on the way to Iraq, he was sent home damn near dead a few weeks later. That vaccine ended his career as a doctor and his military career as an O4. 100% disability pay is a fraction of his former earning potential. No vaccine is 100% safe, much less one that’s been around a year.

The media makes it out like everyone not taking the shot (I’m not calling it a vaccine because it does nothing to prevent you from catching or carrying and passing the virus) is refusing for political reasons. Maybe they simply want to see consistent results before putting something foreign in their bodies?

I took my Covid shot as early as I could. But, I respect someone’s right to not take it and 100% disagree with these mandates. Think about it, the media is now comparing this to the 1918 Pandemic. The photos I’ve seen of that one look much much worse than what I’m seeing now. We can stuff 100,000 in a football stadium but I was forced to hold a class room with mask, 6’ separation all around, and everyone was required to mask up. That’s with 80% of my student pop vaccinated. Where does it end?

4. Banned
    Because it wasnt political..
    COVIDS has been political from Day 1. Ban travel from China, Nancy shows her arse in Chinatown. So soon, most forget. Anthrax was never mandated for 330MM people and had been FDA approved for 20+ years. Follow the $$$. COVIDS is real but its been used as a lever for the "reset".

5. Member
    News here said UNC health system has had 60 quit because of mandate. Duke would not confirm how many they have had quit.

6. Member
    Part of the UI issue is schools going online then going in person, then going back online etc…. Single parents, or households with two parents working are struggling with that inconsistency.

About 10,000 Americans turned 65 yesterday and will today and tomorrow. Even more, including me, saw they could make it no problem when uncle sugar closed the country last year. My financial advisor showed me based on normal trends my wife and I are good to go financially until the age of 90. I punched out 6 months early. Millions are making the same decision. We have school systems with a 50% high school drop out rate. Contrary to what our media would have you believe not everyone attends post secondary education. I’ve administered thousands of academic and personality assessments over the years. As a whole American math skills are pitiful.

We will see these shortages for a while. Industry will adapt.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    Lets 35 go to make 99. Let's see, the job had 134 people total. He lets 1/3 of his labor force go. I find those numbers hard to believe, sorry.

I don't see why so many are saying they can't see this happening.

One of my old bosses ran a Company that his Dad started, he and his Brother owned after and his Brother had retired and he now owned outright. Many years back a new Government Ruling was that a certain % of the Workers in any Business that had 100 or more people had to be of a certain Race.

He had no issue with the Race. He did have Issue with someone telling him how to run his Business. He told the Government Rep that came to visit when he asked how many workers would he need in order to do as they said and when he was told 100, his reply was "then I'll reduce what I have to 99 and I'll never ever have 100. Nobody is going to tell me who I can hire or not.

There are Millions of Others just like him across this Country that feel the same. They or their Family built the Business and they will not stand for some Idiot from the Government telling them how to run it.

8. Member
    [QUOTE=n2ratfishin;12096285]

That vaccine was approved 40 years before you took it. I was active duty in 97, I fought taking it since I was not in a position that deployed, I was geographically separated from my unit two years from military retirement. I’ll admit that was the only world wide deployment vaccine I managed to avoid.

https://www.federalregister.gov/docu...ion-anthrax-by
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadeye1 View Post
    I don't see why so many are saying they can't see this happening.
    Because like most Covid threads, the vast majority are $hit posting.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    If he can drop 35 people on a whim hes just using covid as a cover. Or someone is full of it. Or both
    This

11. Member
    [QUOTE=brnzbaklvr;12096320]
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post

https://www.federalregister.gov/docu...ion-anthrax-by
    https://www.hillandponton.com/anthra...ke-troops-ill/

The emergency order was for anthrax inhalation. The vaccine was approved in the 60's.

I don't know about your area but here in East TN probably 50% of the working population don't work and they probably account for 90% of the unvaccinated making the mandate a joke. Those aren't real numbers but i bet i am close.

13. Member
    Here is how a small company can shed those 35 workers and still go on.

Say you are a cabinet company. You build your own products and install your own products. Say your lead installer ( your right hand man ) decides to open his own installation business and only install your cabinets. In return you only make cabinets for him. He then hires, 35 of your workers. Now you have 2 companies under the limit to be effected by state/federal regulation.

This type of thing is done a lot to get around different regulations. This example is what a close friend had to do few years back because of other regulations. Company i work for has each dealership as its own company. I am sure they have reasons for that.
    Semper Fi

Where will those quitting find employment?? Like I said there are only so many positions outside of the hospitals and clinics....That's alot of education, training and income to give up....

There are some systems here that do not intend to comply with the mandate. Our governor intends to not have the state comply as well.
    I had surgery recently and was talking to some of the staff at the facility/health system and they mentioned that system is not gonna comply as they cannot afford to lose people and stay open.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jrbdad View Post
    Here is how a small company can shed those 35 workers and still go on.

Say you are a cabinet company. You build your own products and install your own products. Say your lead installer ( your right hand man ) decides to open his own installation business and only install your cabinets. In return you only make cabinets for him. He then hires, 35 of your workers. Now you have 2 companies under the limit to be effected by state/federal regulation.

This type of thing is done a lot to get around different regulations. This example is what a close friend had to do few years back because of other regulations. Company i work for has each dealership as its own company. I am sure they have reasons for that.
    This or if they are technical/office types they are just replaced with contract workers.

16. Member
    [QUOTE=n2ratfishin;12096340]

https://www.hillandponton.com/anthra...ke-troops-ill/

The emergency order was for anthrax inhalation. The vaccine was approved in the 60's.
    Yep...but the vaccine was also halted by DOD sometime in 2005 for safety concerns....and I dont remember a large amount of soldiers losing their minds.. Of course we were in combat so we had other problems..
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

17. Member
    [QUOTE=brnzbaklvr;12096394]
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post

Yep...but the vaccine was also halted by DOD sometime in 2005 for safety concerns....
    My point exactly, about 45 years after the FDA approved the vaccine it was stopped for safety reasons. No one knows what the long term issues will be with the Covid shot. At my age I'm willing to take the risk vs ending up on my death bed with pneumonia. I repect the rights of others who disagree.

My moms nursing home is totally locked down again. Everyone there is vaccinated, yet six people have tested positive. I've seen her twice in 18 months. They allow 30 mins at a time, you have to be vaccinated to come in. I have to wear a mask, there is an observer in the room and we cannot touch. How damned insane is it that?

Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    You would think the employer would at least wait until the rule had actually been written and issued by OSHA and them maybe even wait until the first court challenge had been settled. This story smells like a dead carp to me.
    Exactly

I was at get together the other evening. One family that was there owns a local small business. They were saying that they used Covid as an excuse to lay off several people that they’ve really wanted to get rid of for a while. So, I can see a business using the mandate to eliminate employees that they e wanted to fire for a long time.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

20. Member
    UA of Birmingham Hospital cancelled their mandate. The push back from their employees was too strong. There was the potential of losing up to 50% of their staff. Of course, the federal mandate would place those healthcare workers back in the same position.

https://www.wftv.com/news/trending/c...KOO3W4TVW6BKE/

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast