Thought I got stranded today

Got to the first fishing spot. Worked that area for about an hr and decide to head across the lake. Turn the key and silence. Tried it again and same. Hmmm
    Thinking maybe it's the kill switch. Flipped it a couple of times and still silence.

All my fishfinders are still on. The console is showing 11.9v, which is normal for me. The battery will measure at 12.68v or higher.

Looked in the bilge to make sure connections still looks fine on the battery. I have a lithium jump pack, so I took that out and tried to jump. Still silence.

I'm thinking I killed the starter or something wrong with the kill switch since it's not even trying to start. I forgot to turn the battery switch to off and trip all the breakers last time I was charging my batteries. I'm about 5 or 6 miles away from the launch. Even though it's smooth as glass, not sure if my trolling batteries will last that long but I had no choice now. Time to find out. Pointed the Ultrex towards where I need to go and away I go. I plop down into the seat and now I see the throttle is forward a little bit. Not sure how I missed this when I was flicking the kill switch. Ugh. Put it back into neutral, turn key and vrooom. Got a couple more hours of fishing in. Nothing but dinks but was sweating for a few mins there.

I hate it when that happens! Thanks for the story..
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

3. Member
    I did the same when my kill switch was partially flipped. The lanyard was still in place but I got no vroom. Pulled out my cell phone to check my Mercury Vessel View app. The engine had a code that stated that the motor was attempted to be started with the kill switch in the off position. Click, vroom, GO! I know the sweat.
    2020 VEXUS 1880 Victor Red
    Merc 115 HP Pro XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 I-Link MDI
    Helix 10 MEGA+ MSI
    Helix 9 x 2 MEGA+ MDI
    Live Image FFS
    2021 Aluminum Trailer
    10' Talons w/sandwich brackets

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyVexus View Post
    I did the same when my kill switch was partially flipped. The lanyard was still in place but I got no vroom. Pulled out my cell phone to check my Mercury Vessel View app. The engine had a code that stated that the motor was attempted to be started with the kill switch in the off position. Click, vroom, GO! I know the sweat.
    I have the app. Didn't look at any error codes. That's good to know it shows things like that