Thread: What prop?

What prop?

Had my sons boat out, 2021 190txe 115 pxs
    What size props you guys running? If i the trim prop up slightly the prop will blow out,motor is in top hole,so it's down all the way
    Outlaw Bass

2. Banned
    A 19" pitch stainless prop with the motor in the 3rd hole from the top is the best combo without a jack plate. Many people like the Spitfire X7 4 blade, I haven't tried it but I have tried other brands of 4 blade stainless props and I didn't like them, my top speed wen't down and it didn't handle any better than the 3 blade like they are said to. I am running a Powertech PTR3 on mine right now and I like it, the NRS3 is a good prop as well but they don't make it in the pitch that I need.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayman73 View Post
    A 19" pitch stainless prop with the motor in the 3rd hole from the top is the best combo without a jack plate. Many people like the Spitfire X7 4 blade, I haven't tried it but I have tried other brands of 4 blade stainless props and I didn't like them, my top speed wen't down and it didn't handle any better than the 3 blade like they are said to. I am running a Powertech PTR3 on mine right now and I like it, the NRS3 is a good prop as well but they don't make it in the pitch that I need.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayman73 View Post
    They probably didn't perform any better than the 3 blade because those props are not made specific to that engine and generic props outside of Mercury made ones have been proven to be slower and perform less than advantageous to the house brand specific propellers. This usually has to do with an issue of use of inferior metal and terrible QC/ QA direct from their molds. Solas and Turning Point props are usually the biggest culprits behind the first statement. The only aftermarket company I would feel comfortable recommending purely due to the fact that their customer service is top notch and I haven't heard of too many issues with their actual product is Powertech. They seem to be the closest replication and have the most options to the OEM engines that I have seen. At least for our outboards.

Mercury Racing props are modified, labbed, thoroughly inspected and balanced direct at the factory before they are boxed up but the additional work and time they put in to ensure true accuracy reflects as such in their pricing.

As for the OP, you need to move your motor to the 3rd hole and the 19 pitch propeller sounds generally about right. I cannot say this with full confidence though as I do not have the same hull nor am I familiar with it. Whatever you do you want to be around the 5750-5900 RPM range. Preferably the hotter side.

If I were you I would head to this page to ensure that a 19 will work the best for you just to make sure the both suggestions match up.

https://www.mercurymarine.com/en/us/...or/#!/step-one
    - 2020 Bass Tracker Classic XL - SOLD
    - 2024 Lowe Stinger 178
    Mercury 115HP ProXS CT
    Vance 6" hydraulic jack plate
    24P 3 blade Ballistic XHS XL propeller
    NGK Ruthenium plugs
    Garmin Force troller
    Garmin 126SV/93SV/73SV Livescope/ dual GT54 transducers
    DD26 motor toter
    IG: extremeboating

5. Member
    I'm in the third hole with a 21p spitfire x7 run 48-9 6000rpm consistently by myself and I have the 195 hull

6. Member
    I jack plated my old 185 XT Tracker with a 90 HP Merc to try and solve some of those issues and got nowhere. I ran across a Spitfire X7 19-P 4 blade on here and put it on. After tuning the exhaust ports it's like sitting in a different boat, couldn't be happier

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Bob View Post
    I jack plated my old 185 XT Tracker with a 90 HP Merc to try and solve some of those issues and got nowhere. I ran across a Spitfire X7 19-P 4 blade on here and put it on. After tuning the exhaust ports it's like sitting in a different boat, couldn't be happier
    What is your GPS speed?

8. Member
    GPS is 45 MPH on my Garmins - 5800 RPM - full tank - all tackle - 4 GRP 31 AGM Batteries
    I fish alone so don't know what it would do with another 200 lbs or so...
    I would like to go 60 sometimes like my old bass boat did, but I guess it is what it is,
    can't troll that fast anyway

9. Member
    I followed the lead of other Pt190 owners and raised my motor to the third hole and installed a 19 pitch X7 stainless 4 blade prop. Cut my hole shot by 25% and gives me 49 MPH (GPS) with a full load (fuel and fishing gear) and just me in the boat and very stable. With the stock prop and the motor all the way down I could hit 48 MPH but the boat would get very loose, on the verge of being out of control.
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

The OP has not responded in over 3 weeks. I think he died.
    - 2020 Bass Tracker Classic XL - SOLD
    - 2024 Lowe Stinger 178
    Mercury 115HP ProXS CT
    Vance 6" hydraulic jack plate
    24P 3 blade Ballistic XHS XL propeller
    NGK Ruthenium plugs
    Garmin Force troller
    Garmin 126SV/93SV/73SV Livescope/ dual GT54 transducers
    DD26 motor toter
    IG: extremeboating