Help me pick a lake....

I'm looking to take a 3 day trip in November or early December and want a lake a can just go down the bank junk fishing. My thoughts are Lay Lake, Seminole or Eufaula. What's a good lake to get bit and find a decent place to stay? Thanks!

2. Member
    If they're pulling current on Lay you can just go down the river bank close to the dam and catch them pretty good. The cabins of Lay lake at Beeswax is the best place to stay. Eufaula has the best lodging out of those 3 with Lakepoint state park.
    2007 Bass Cat Puma
    2007 Mercury Pro XS 250

3. Banned
    What about Santee Cooper?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayman73 View Post
    What about Santee Cooper?

I'm an hour and a half from Santee and make a hand full of trips there each spring and fall. Unfortunately the power company is killing every last weed in the lake so for me it's just flipping cypress trees. I live on Murray and our grass has been gone for years. I'm wanting to get away from SC and throw some frogs or swimjigs. I've done the Guntersville trip and wasn't blown away.

5. Member
    If you're looking for a lake with grass, Lake Seminole is gonna have as much grass as anywhere. I probably wouldn't pick Seminole over Eufaula though. It's pretty easy to just go down the bank and catch them especially if you're in the right areas at Eufaula. Eufaula will have more places to stay too and if you went there but still wanted to try Seminole, you could just take a day or a 1/2 day from you trip and drive to Seminole. Only about an hour and a half or so between them.