Hot Springs Info

Planning on being in the Hot Springs area for 4-7 days around Oct. 5th - would
    appreciate any fishing recommendations (bluegill, crappie, bass), as
    well as general info for sights, restaurants, nightlife, state parks, etc..

Probably will RV at Ouachita State Park; but, flexible there as well.

Thanks.
    Do not take your half in the middle ....

2. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    Three Sisters State park on the east part of Lake Ouachita is pretty nice. We have a couple of Pottery makers, several tourist attractions(brochures everywhere), and quite a few good restaurants. Cajun Boilers, Smoking in style are a couple of my favorites, also Clampit's and Home plate are close to where you come out on Highway 7. I usually have an empty back seat if you want me to show you how bad I fish.
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

3. Member
    Lake Quachita is around 10ft low right now so be careful. I don't fish for crappie or bluegill but the bass especially Kentucky's are around 25ft to the bank but that might change in October if the thermocline drops. Top water early then look for suspended bass or run the bank with makes you happy. Plenty of areas to fish around the state park and west to mid lake but make sure you have a map so you don't get lost. One thing if you do stay at the state park the boat ramp is terrible right now especially if launching by yourself. The two best boat ramps are at Chrystal Springs and Lena Landing due to the low water so if you can get in at Chrystal Springs camping you might want to go there. As Gene already mentioned lots to do and see in the Hot Springs area.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

4. Member
    Thanks for the info (and the 'offer').
    Do not take your half in the middle ....

5. Member
    Definitively be careful where you are running. Some areas will be "deep" but trees just under the surface. If you have Navionics, you do fine.