TJNYSNP

Perspective Mode Cone slope and coverage forward

Hello,

I cannot seem to see any specs on what the downard/forward angle is that the perspective mode cone projects forward and i'm interested in using it for water depths in the 8' to say 20' range

can someone point me to the best online information on this that you have found ?

i assume that it has a beam that points somewhat downward from what i can tell looking at it but not sure how then it works with how it cuts forward and down with what is in its visibility.

Any info that any of you have or experienced ?

Here is a link. Click on perspective and scroll down to picture. It shows 20* tall by 150* wide.

Sonar Transducer | Panoptix™ by GARMIN

3. Member
    Too many variables for using perspective mode in deeper water. If you have a steep angle on your xducer it will show returns close to the boat and shallow angle will show returns far out in front of the boat. Perspective mode is more for shallower water say less than 8 ft. I can see decent size fish in perspective mode swimming around but I have not been able to see perch yet and I know they are there in 5 ft of water. I catch them like crazy but can't see them yet. Still playing with settings.

4. TJNYSNP
    Thanks both of you..... i almost pulled the trigger after watching the Elite Series Champlain tournament seeing all the pros run and use the Mega360 and the LiveScope together.... to buy the Mega360 in addition to my lifescope... then i realized that i need to see how much i can get out of the perspective mode on my Livescope....

My issue is that i bought a Garmin 7608xsv display and the 7" display is just too damn small for my eyes to see at a distance, especially if i have it set for 70 foot forward.. i just can't see my lure hardly at all and i'm not really finding that i'm using it that much for live fish... what I *am* doing with it is i'm able to see a waypoint in moving up into like a boulder and see that boulder and ensure i'm casting to it.

I'm thinking that i might get value from going perspective mode along with my waypoints that i track with my HDS and Point1 units.

I'm going to try and see how it works for me fishing in the 8' to 20' for a river system i'm fishing soon and report back how it went as if it helped me at least see the rubble/structure on the river bottom... which is what i want.