Question on Saving a Waypoint or Spot Lock on I-Pilot Link Remote

I have a network that includes 3 Helix units and an I-Pilot Link with the remote. Let's say I'm spot locked and would like to save this location. I understand I can save the location as either a "waypoint" or "spot lock" based on my preference from any head unit across the network OR via the I-Link Remote.

My question is if I choose to use the remote to "save" the position as a spotlock or waypoint will said spot lock or waypoint be "physically and visibly" shared across my network? Or is it simply visually shared across the network but the actual physical location of the spotlock or waypoint is in my remote and I will only be able to "edit or delete" it from the remote???

Hope this makes sense?

2. Member
    As a follow up if the answer is yes, and I can only edit/delete data that I saved from the remote how do I export that data (waypoints, tracks, spot locks etc) from the remote since there is no SD card on the remote like the Helix Head Units?

3. Member
    It’s been a long time since I used the remote and I have only used it a couple of times. If your trolling motor is networked to your unit, the waypoints will “physically” be on your unit. You can export them the way you would normally export your data. If your trolling motor is NOT connected to a unit, then the actual remote can only store 16 waypoints. I can’t remember if there is a way to export them from the remote itself.
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike

4. Member
    If connected there is slider button that I believe has to have sync i-pilot is turned on. Cant remember the exact name