Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lower Unit Wanted

Best source for a quality aftermarket lower unit for a 2005 250HP E-tec Saltwater?

2. Member
    Is yours so bad that it can't be rebuilt?
    I think that I would talk to Gearcaseman first.....

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 20DC BULLET View Post
    Is yours so bad that it can't be rebuilt?
    I think that I would talk to Gearcaseman first.....
    Thanks for the plug, unfortunately, UPS shipping prices have rendered it economically unfeasible to send these cases around the country anymore. You can get an SEI unit for what you would pay for a rebuild these days. Thanks Biden for gas prices at 4.00 a gallon.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gearcaseman View Post
    Thanks for the plug, unfortunately, UPS shipping prices have rendered it economically unfeasible to send these cases around the country anymore. You can get an SEI unit for what you would pay for a rebuild these days. Thanks Biden for gas prices at 4.00 a gallon.
    'gearcaseman' ...... based off your statement above ........ a Question. Is a SEI gearcase as good as a quality rebuilt one by someone like yourself?????? I ask b/c it always seems like people cringe whenever the word/name SEI is brought up, yet I know how highly everybody speaks of you. I would have never considered an SEI if I ever needed one, and I would have personally drove mine to Ten-A'Cee if I had to.

Puzzled.
    -391v
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci

5. Member
    Thank You for the kind words. I know for some people, they do not seem to be first on their list for helping you with your gearcase replacement, however, I personally feel it's a good economical way to get you back on the water with as little hassle as possible. They are a good case in my opinion with my customers that I have sold to. New everything is better than used anything. After selling @ 100 or so SEI's, I had @ 4 issues with breakdown, and these were mostly driver abuse. SEI was flawless in keeping their warranty. You're going to hear from "Gearcase rebuilder's" That these cases are no good and make up horror stories to try and sway your decision. Based on the revenue they would lose, is it any wonder they do this ? And how do these guy's treat you at warranty time ?? I don't try to mingle in a person's decision, I try to lay out the facts from my own experience and help anyway I can. I still enjoy rebuilding cases, but I want to treat potential customers the way I would like to be treated, and that's informing them of ALL the options, not just what's good for me. Hope this is helpful ! E.P.

6. Member
    Thank You for the kind words. I know for some people, they do not seem to be first on their list for helping you with your gearcase replacement, however, I personally feel it's a good economical way to get you back on the water with as little hassle as possible. They are a good case in my opinion with my customers that I have sold to. New everything is better than used anything. After selling @ 100 or so SEI's, I had @ 4 issues with breakdown, and these were mostly driver abuse. SEI was flawless in keeping their warranty. You're going to hear from "Gearcase rebuilder's" That these cases are no good and make up horror stories to try and sway your decision. Based on the revenue they would lose, is it any wonder they do this ? And how do these guy's treat you at warranty time ?? I don't try to mingle in a person's decision, I try to lay out the facts from my own experience and help anyway I can. I still enjoy rebuilding cases, but I want to treat potential customers the way I would like to be treated, and that's informing them of ALL the options, not just what's good for me. Hope this is helpful ! E.P.
    And that is exactly why I brought your name up!!

7. Member
    That's much appreciated, Thank You !:salute

8. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    I still miss lunch time at the Steak House.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    You're not the only one my friend. Mike is still hungry I'm sure. Good memories for sure !!!

10. Member
    That's much appreciated, Thank You !:salute
    You're welcome....

11. Member
    I don't try to mingle in a person's decision, I try to lay out the facts from my own experience and help anyway I can. I still enjoy rebuilding cases, but I want to treat potential customers the way I would like to be treated, and that's informing them of ALL the options, not just what's good for me. Hope this is helpful ! E.P.
    Your honesty and sincerity is ALWAYS helpful!!!!! ...... hence why you are the first person many of us look for when it comes to 'all things lower unit' related. Not to mention I've heard you do really good work Sir.
    -391v
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci

12. Member
    Thank you, I really appreciate you guy's and your comments !

13. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    FO' SHO' !!!

14. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    You're not the only one my friend. Mike is still hungry I'm sure. Good memories for sure !!!
    FO' SHO' !!! Looks like I'ma hafta come without Champ......AGAIN Eddie !!

15. Member
    Naw, We can't do that ! Besides, I think it's my turn to pick up the tab....

16. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Rib Eyes for everyone!

17. Member
    Rib Eyes for everyone!

18. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Rib Eyes for everyone!

19. Member
    [QUOTE=gearcaseman;12095910]Thank You for the kind words. I know for some people, they do not seem to be first on their list for helping you with your gearcase replacement, however, I personally feel it's a good economical way to get you back on the water with as little hassle as possible. They are a good case in my opinion with my customers that I have sold to. New everything is better than used anything. After selling @ 100 or so SEI's, I had @ 4 issues with breakdown, and these were mostly driver abuse. SEI was flawless in keeping their warranty. You're going to hear from "Gearcase rebuilder's" That these cases are no good and make up horror stories to try and sway your decision. Based on the revenue they would lose, is it any wonder they do this ? And how do these guy's treat you at warranty time ?? I don't try to mingle in a person's decision, I try to lay out the facts from my own experience and help anyway I can. I still enjoy rebuilding cases, but I want to treat potential customers the way I would like to be treated, and that's informing them of ALL the options, not just what's good for me. Hope this is helpful ! E.P.[/QUOTE

I bought an SEI gearcase for an 250 ho 2008 from gearcaseman in the spring of 2020. I have 2 seasons on the
    lower and not one issue. I looked at it this way for the money I spend on one OEM LOWER I can buy 5 SEI lowers. I am happy that I bought one and would do it again in a heartbeat. Gearcaseman is a wealth of knowledge and that’s why I took the chance. I have it on a 21 XD bullet

20. Member
    Thank You Shane for your testimony. All input is valuable to help make sensible decisions for each individual, whether it be Good, Bad or ugly. Your time spent to share your experience is very much appreciated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast