Ranger '07 Z21 - Console mounting Lowrance HDS-12 - QuestionS???

Hello.

I have a 2007 Ranger Z21 and I'm going to mount a Lowrance HDS-12 on the console to the right of the windshield on the area between the windshield and the gunnel. I don't want to rearrange the all gauges on the dash and mount it behind the steering wheel with a Precision or BBT mount.

Thinking about using a Balzout, Kong, or similar quality mount.

Questions:
    • Do I need to reinforce the underside of the console where I'm mounting the base?
    • What length arm should I have on the mount?
    • Is there different quality mount (not a RAM) that will be secure and safe that you would recommend?

I am aware that I may need a leveling spacer under the base to make it level.

As always, I appreciate the help and advice you can provide!

Thanks and have a great day!

2. Member
    I did the same thing on my Z20 but used the RAM mount. I bought the leveling spacer from Jett-A Marine 270-395-4030. I found that area to be fairly thick and not in need of any reinforcing (I used thru-bolt fasteners with washers on the underside). With that said, I eventually wished I had pulled the trigger on the full-ride BBT mount system. Any extended mount like the RAM will move in truly rough conditions and it gets to be a PITA.
    2006 Ranger Z20 / 225HP Merc Pro XS

3. BBC SPONSOR
    Shoot us a call we can help get you set up.

270-703-6133

https://www.precisionsonar.com/produ...systems/rvxcms

4. Member
    I'm pretty sure my '09 Z520 has the exact same console ...... and mine is verbatim what 'ericm' said ...... RAM mount (D-size for me) and all. I've been running Gen3 HDS 9 on it and with the short arm, and I've not had a problem with it. Just upgraded to the 12 ...... so we will see.

YMMV
    -391v
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci