Caymas & Lowrance Ghost

Anybody running a Lowrance Ghost 47" shaft on CX21?

2. Member
    Not a 21 but do have a 20, absolutely love my Ghost!! I think I could fish three days without a charge on my 50 ah ionic batteries

I would order the long shaft if I was buying new today, Ky Lake gets pretty rough in the wind!!

3. Member
    I have the 47” ghost on my CX21. It works good. I’ve only had a few instances where the 52” would have been better. I spent most of the season fishing Lake Champlain and it has held up great.
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

My new CX20 will have one!! My previous boat had one and IMO there’s simply not another TM on the market that is as the Ghost. It is that good! If it broke tomorrow and didn’t have a warranty, I’d order another without a hence of hesitation.

5. Member
    Thanks for the feedback. I've been curious if the 47" shaft would long enough, if the pond got a little rough. Sounds like the 47" shaft would work the majority of the time. I'm guessing if you were in 2' + rollers you would benefit from the 52" shaft.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stein3411 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I've been curious if the 47" shaft would long enough, if the pond got a little rough. Sounds like the 47" shaft would work the majority of the time. I'm guessing if you were in 2' + rollers you would benefit from the 52" shaft.
    You’d be guessing right, I had the 47 on my last cx21 and went with the 52 on this 22 model and definitely need it with the way the wind blows here in Texas.

7. Member
    Anybody running a Lowrance Ghost 47" shaft on CX21?
    One other thing I have a Garmin LS on a Rite Hite transducer holder, if the boat is in choppy water I lose my LS reading, if I had the 52 inch shaft it wouldn’t do that unless it was just to rough!! If you fish open water a lot definitely get the 52 inch shaft!!

8. Member
    For what it's worth, when my Caymas CX21 was being outfitted my dealer could only get a 52" Ghost immediately or I would have to wait another few weeks. So, I went with it. We had our TOC last weekend and the second day brought 30+ mph wind and large rollers. Not going to lie, parts of the lake I got on my hands and knees to run the trolling motor because it was too hard to balance with a foot on the pedal. We ended up catching one nice fish on that spot and I honestly don't think we could have sat there on anchor without the longer shaft. Only time I've needed it, but was glad I had it.

9. Member
    I have the 52" on a 21 CX21 and have no complaints about the motor. Just got back from 1000 Islands and a few of the days had some rollers and good chop. It may have done the egg beater a few times but all in all it was great. When fishing shallow lakes it is simple to raise the shaft. With the 52", active target read the entire time and stayed in the water during most of the rough stuff. Only down side to the 52" is the cover really has to be stretched and be pulled to get on the wide part of the bow.

10. Member
    Anybody want to share a pic of the 52" Ghost on a CX21, in a normal stow position like you weren't fishing in rollers. I'm trying to see how much "head" is sticking out of the bracket. I've got a 50" Motorguide Tour 109 on my Triton 21TRX and honestly hardly ever have to lower it in 2' rollers. In this position, I could lower it about 4".

11. Member
    I have always got the 45-47 inch shaft, never really been a problem, but i do not fish a lot of open big water.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shoey5408 View Post
    I have the 52" on a 21 CX21 and have no complaints about the motor. Just got back from 1000 Islands and a few of the days had some rollers and good chop. It may have done the egg beater a few times but all in all it was great. When fishing shallow lakes it is simple to raise the shaft. With the 52", active target read the entire time and stayed in the water during most of the rough stuff. Only down side to the 52" is the cover really has to be stretched and be pulled to get on the wide part of the bow.
    Here you go.....IMG_5852.jpg

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by papatuel View Post
    Here you go.....IMG_5852.jpg
    Thank you, truly appreciated.

14. Member
    47” shaft can be lowered all the way down pretty easily on the fly. I fish pretty rough open water, but fish in very shallow waters just as much. Not sure I would want the motor head 5” higher when I raise it up for the shallow water. Probably not a big deal for most, but it would bother me when skip casting.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CX21 View Post
    47” shaft can be lowered all the way down pretty easily on the fly. I fish pretty rough open water, but fish in very shallow waters just as much. Not sure I would want the motor head 5” higher when I raise it up for the shallow water. Probably not a big deal for most, but it would bother me when skip casting.
    This is my thoughts also. Have you had times you wished you had the 52"?

16. Member
    I have always ran a 52 inch shaft trolling motor when I tournament fished, it was a necessity for me on Ky and Barkley lakes. I didn’t get one on my CX 20 because it was going to take longer to get one at that time, sure do wish I had waited!! The extra few inches sticking up while fishing shallow never really bothered me any at all!! The guys who fish shallow 80% of the time the 47 would be fine, couple weeks in the spring and few weeks in the fall I would be in the 2-5 foot range, rest of the time 10 feet would be shallow for our kind of fishing!

Rangers were the same way as well as Tritons, Stratos, we sold all three for years. I would say 50% of the boats that went out to my customers had 52 inch shafts. If your going to be live shopping lol I had definitely rather have the 52 inch!

17. Member
    Not yet. If it is so consistently coming out of the water due to high waves, I would find a better/calmer place on the lake to fish, or head for the ramp!

18. Member
    Looking to order a Caymas CX-21. Found this thread. I am curious, did you guys that have the 52” Ghost, order it that way from the factory? I see that the Lowrance package combo has 2 12” HDS Live and the 47” Ghost. I don’t see anywhere, when building a boat on the Caymas website to be able to order the 52”. Curious, how you got your 52” Ghost? Through the factory or dealer installed?

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hook View Post
    Looking to order a Caymas CX-21. Found this thread. I am curious, did you guys that have the 52” Ghost, order it that way from the factory? I see that the Lowrance package combo has 2 12” HDS Live and the 47” Ghost. I don’t see anywhere, when building a boat on the Caymas website to be able to order the 52”. Curious, how you got your 52” Ghost? Through the factory or dealer installed?
    I don’t order anything like graphs or TM from the factory, I have a few connections and buy way cheaper. I from the factory, PM me and I may be able to help you out.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hook View Post
    You can get it from the factory, just tell your dealer to upgrade it for you.

Welcome to BBC!!