Will Vessel View Mobile read old/previous faults from my motor?

Mercury 2017 115 Pro XS Ser#2B442155 Model:1117F131D

Last week my Mercury quit running suddenly when I was running about 35mph. No idea why but limped back to the ramp on my trolling motor. Unfortunately I did not have VVMobile running at the time. At home I pulled the cowling but could not see anything obvious. Checked fuel lines, replaced fuel filter put the engine in a barrel of water and tried to start it...SUCCESS. it seemed to be running fine so today I took it to the lake and tested it out. No problems at all.

I had VVMobile running for the barrel test and during my entire 2 hours on the water this morning. I have checked VVM for Observed Faults(2 Emergency Stops associated with the lanyard from 2020) and Blocked Faults (nothing).

If the engine had recorded a fault from my sudden stop last week shouldn't it show up on VVMobile?
    Puzzled in Texas
    Joe B

2017 Tracker PT 190 TX
    2017 Mercury 115 Pro XS
    Mercury Spitfire X7 19” prop
    51 mph @ 6240 rpms (RPMs from Vessel View Mobile) : full fuel tank and fishing load by myself
    4.2 second Hole Shot (measured using Vessel View Mobile)
    Engine mounted in 3rd hole
    Minn Kota Ulterra-Link w/built in MDI 80 lb thrust 60” shaft
    Humminbird Helix 12si Gen1 chirp on console
    Humminbird Helix 15si Gen4 cho on bow
    Humminbird Mega360

Dotline two step transom boarding ladder
    Tracker trailer bow boarding step

No. It only reads current faults. In order to read fault history, you need a Merc computer.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    The VVM does have SOME historic capabilities, which are there specifically to assist with the "preferred dealer" function in your VVM Account. Permits the dealer to lookup what faults reported.

I've seen enough of a trend that I am not convinced that ALL faults which occurred while your phone was not paired are reporting. G3 Diagnostic Tool is the best way to know for certain.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor