Falcon F20 TE - boxes leaking in the rain

I was out yesterday and got caught in a heavy down pour.

I found out what others have mentioned - there are 2 boxes that leak - pretty bad.

1. The small box in front of the co-angler seat. It filled with 2 inches of water. There are no drain holes. That's an easy fix I suppose.
    2. Box between the seats. It looks like it's coming from the back side -- it's not sealed. I thinking some silicone along the back bottom seam will do the trick.

Any one else with tips or tricks on this?

By the way, the rod lockers, main locker and boxes behind the seats were bone dry.
    Sam

2022 Falcon F20 TE Hybrid - 250 Mercury Pro XS
    Not a pro - barely an average Joe!

2. Member
    I’ve never had neither of those two to leak. Only thing I have noticed is that the front latches on the deck fill with water and they will leak. It’s aggravating. I can tell it’s coming from the latch area cause it’s only wet right underneath the latch itself. I haven’t tried to fix it yet, but need too.

3. Member
    I had the same issue with my center console box on my 205....I had to silicon the back of the box from the inside to keep it for leaking. Also on the small box I put an extra piece of seal around it that I got at Home Depot.

4. Member
    Update - the box between the seats did have a huge gap in the bottom back wall.

I ran a bead of silicone - a pretty big gap by the way. This eliminated the leak. I suspect when it was assembled the builder missed that part because the sides have black sealer and this section did not.

So far this is only issue I've had - I'm very pleased!

Boat rides great. I can run in the 70s easily but that's a little too much for me most of the time.

My #1 reason for picking the Falcon was the wide deck and fishing stability - very little rocking/tipping when I'm fishing --- that's the stability I wanted!
    Sam

2022 Falcon F20 TE Hybrid - 250 Mercury Pro XS
    Not a pro - barely an average Joe!