Thread: Percy Priest ?

Percy Priest ?

I will be there mid October. No experience at this lake. Any suggestions? Back of the creeks , points , humps, baits , depths? PM Me if you prefer, I just kinda need a basic idea of where and how to start my search.

I’ve only been there a time or two. About the only thing I know is that I need to protect my lower unit. LOL
    GETFISHED !!!

2. Member
    Roger that on the lower unit LOL!!

It's been a long time since I fished Priest. The water should be falling or already at winter pool by October. From the bridge to the dam fishes a lot different than there too 840. I'd start shallow with a trap and work my way deeper.

I’m a shallow water guy. I’ll be throwing a buzz bait, buzz frog, whopper plopper, chatter bait, squarebill, jig, and Texas rigged soft plastic.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    Roger that on the lower unit LOL!!

It's been a long time since I fished Priest. The water should be falling or already at winter pool by October. From the bridge to the dam fishes a lot different than there too 840. I'd start shallow with a trap and work my way deeper.
    Thanks John. I'll have to dig out my map and see just what that is.
    GETFISHED !!!

5. Member
    It won’t take you long to find the Hopson Pike bridge over the middle of the lake. It’s a hop skip and jump from 4 Corners Marina in Hurricane Creek. From there to the dam I always thought the lake fished different than going up river to Fall or Spring Creeks.

Like I said, it’s been years since I fished there.

6. Member
    JPP is my home lake. Water still high from the rain last week... dropping it daily but still 3 feet high. Good color everywhere. Normal years they pull the plug and start dropping it slowly the 3rd week of October. Water temp Saturday night was 73ish most everywhere. As said previously this time of year shallow is better and on the right day top water can be great. The consistent schooling deeper ledge/point/brushpile bite seems to have ended with the high water and temp change. With consistent current the flipping bite can be great. Take your pick of LM or SM...good fishery for both. We night fish through early November (night tournament fishoffs are happening now) depending on water temps. You won't enjoy all the wake boarders on the weekend... which is why night fishing April-Oct is my preferred lake time. I avoid shallow cranking if I can... just don't like getting my squarebill off a rock/root/stump every 4th cast. For those that haven't been here in a while, we now have grass (milfoil/hydrilla and musk grass) in the lake... enough that matted up last year in a few places but thinner this year. The lake is well enough marked... your graph/map system will keep you off the rocks. I'd stay from Fate Sanders down to Four Corners/big bridge unless you prefer SM... then from Bryants Grove/Four Corners to the dam. The lake fishes really small from Fate Sanders up due to the traffic. You might be unpleasantly surprised with the lake traffic. Feel free to DM for more... happy to give you my mobile # there if you get into trouble and need help. Good luck.

7. Member
    Won our little club tournament there yesterday throwing a spinnerbait on the grass flats in the back of the bigger creeks mid lake

8. Member
    GETFISHED !!!

I went Thursday and man was it tough. 3 bass no keepers. One on a chatterbait, one on a crankbait, and one on a jig. Has anybody been catching anything I have a tournament next Saturday.
    99 Ranger 217 Cherokee w/115hp Evinrude

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Imavol View Post
    I went Thursday and man was it tough. 3 bass no keepers. One on a chatterbait, one on a crankbait, and one on a jig. Has anybody been catching anything I have a tournament next Saturday.
    Went for a couple hours yesterday morning, 2 bites no fish but also haven't fished in 3 months so