650 Pro Tour - middle seat

My '21 650 pro tour middle seat makes a horrendous noise when stepped on. I opened it up and could see where the lid is rubbing on the fiberglass.

Anyone else have this issue?

2. Member
    I've only been out in mine a couple of times and noticed some noise when stepping on the center box as well. I haven't really looked into it yet, but suspect I will need to add some pieces of GatorSkinz on the wear points. I did this on my Caymas that had multiple points on the front and center lids and on the storage boxes under the bilge lid. The material held up extremely well for the year I had it.

Thanks Bahala. I might have to try that. The seat area has that flip up door that houses a storage area under the middle seat area. Makes me cringe when I step on it. It almost sounds like it is going to break.

4. Member
    If you need a little piece of GatorSkinz, I can put some in an envelope and mail it to you. PM me your info and I'll send it out.

Thanks Bahala. I am noticing that the middle seat also hits the fiberglass behind it causing scratches there as well. I will call Blazer to see what can be done about that.

6. Member
    I looked at mine yesterday. I'm not sure using GatorSkinz will work. the corners of the lid are rubbing on the vertical edge of the fiberglass. I guess the lid is just slightly too large.

It needs something durable so the two hard surfaces are not rubbing. What do you think about carpeting the console door? That would stop the door from rubbing on the fiberglass between the seats as well.

8. Member
    That would do it, but the carpet would wick water into the box. I'm using that box for storage at the moment and I hope to keep the contents dry. Did you receive the GatorSkinz?

I did receive the GatorSkinz last night. Thank you for that sir.

I reached out to Blazer to see if this issue has been brought to their attention yet and if they have a fix. Waiting on a response.

11. Member
    Good deal. Please share when you hear back.

Blazer customer service has been great through this process. The owner sent me an email and is ensuring things are good.