Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Member
    Post 35
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

2. Member
    If they are both strong in their beliefs ---sorry but dont see it working out .
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barbarian View Post
    Have a 1 on 1 with your daughter. Be supporting and loving but show sincere concern for her and potential future family. It’s about her, not you. Plant seeds and stay supportive and always loving no matter what she says or does. Not sure whether either of you are in your faith and walk with Christ but there is scripture you can use. I wouldn’t go throwing scripture unless it’s part of historical dialogue.
    Good advice. You need to express your concerns, as there are some and they can be devastating. It's ultimately her decision, but you should try to get her to think through all the implications, good and bad, before rushing into a decision she may regret for the rest of her life.

I only know of one situation like this and unlike all the more liberal thinking folks on this thread saying how things will be wonderful it was not,,, ended in a huge disaster , but they could not tell their daughter anything as she just would not believe them and thought they were just being mean ,, but she found out it was a huge mistake ,, but good luck in trying to get her to change her mind ,,, his parents will deal her a lot of misery and oh chit if there is children involved down the road then ,,, well never mind good luck to you sir
    Last edited by River-Bandit; 09-20-2021 at 09:33 AM.

5. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by River-Bandit View Post
    I only know of one situation like this and unlike all the liberals on this thread saying how things will be wonderful it was not,,, ended in a huge disaster , but they could not tell their daughter anything as she just would not believe them and thought they were just being mean ,, but she found out it was a huge mistake ,, but good luck in trying to get her to change her mind ,,, his parents will deal her a lot of misery and oh chit if there is children involved down the road then ,,, well never mind good luck to you sir
    Good thing marriages between people of the same faith never go bad.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

6. Member
    my assumption here is that you and his parents take the religion thing way more seriously than your kids do. The religion thing probably doesn't matter to them and their relationship at all to be honest. Its such an insignificant component of what makes relationships work.

You say hes a good guy and treats her well. Then hopefully she does the same for him and they live happily ever after. If not, they will live a miserable life and split up some day. Its pretty much that simple.

Support your daughter regardless of her choices as long as they are not self or harming to others. i.e. substance abuse or crime. If you attempt to interject your feelings and opinions into another adults decision making process, you will simply be pushed to the side and left out. I assume you want to be in your daughters life considering you are posting here about her, so focus on that and let her live her life.
    06 Stratos 294 ProXL

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog7198 View Post
    Yea the River Bandit just can’t help himself. LOL. He paints on a rainy day with a broad brush
    GETFISHED !!!

Quote Originally Posted by getfished View Post
    Yea the River Bandit just can’t help himself. LOL. He paints on a rainy day with a broad brush
    your the one painting with a broad brush cuz ,, man you cats sure do not have much reading comprehension
    he asked and I answered with the one situation I know of ,,, if it triggers you then oh well,,,,, sorry if the truth sometimes hurts
    Last edited by River-Bandit; 09-20-2021 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bdog7198 View Post
    Never said they did or did not,, I know quite a lot about this as I'm on my fourth wife,,,, he asked if any body had a situation like this and I shared the one I have ,,, sorry if you got your feeling hurt

11. Member
    Never said they did or did not,, I know quite a lot about this as I'm on my fourth wife,,,, he asked if any body had a situation like this and I shared the one I have ,,, sorry if you got your feeling hurt
    Yes you shared the one situation you had experience with and you also made a point that all liberals gave bad opinions as though that is established fact. Maybe you can see that type of comment as your opinion since you didn’t supply anything to establish that comment as fact.

Not triggered. OP was asking a faith based question, and not looking for political comments. But you knew that.
    GETFISHED !!!

Yes you shared the one situation you had experience with and you also made a point that all liberals gave bad opinions as though that is established fact. Maybe you can see that type of comment as your opinion since you didn’t supply anything to establish that comment as fact.

Not triggered. OP was asking a faith based question, and not looking for political comments. But you knew that.
    nope ,,there is that reading comprehension thing again,,,
    did not say all liberals ,, said all the " liberals on this thread" big difference
    I should have said the more liberal thinking folks on this thread ,,,, It was not political ,, only you chose to see it that way, my post was based on the religion context is so lost on some of you ,, damn

13. Member
    Ok you win. Nothing wrong with agreeing to disagree. You edited . LOL
    GETFISHED !!!

Some of yall really need to understand that Christianity is a personal relationship with Jesus and accepting Him as your savior. Having certain beliefs, accepting others as they are, and trying to be a good person is great and all - but at the end of this lifetime that still ain't getting you into heaven.

The OP asked for opinions and I'll take the opposite route of most people on this thread trying to be politically correct.... I would have a conversation with the man, not the daughter, and talk to him about Jesus, pray for direction for both him and the daughter, and then if it gets more serious I would have a conversation with the daughter about how I would discourage the marriage unless something would change. Of course I've seen marriages end in divorce even when both of them are Christians, Jews, or whatever - but having two people who are unequally yolked will not work out in the end. That's not my opinion, that's just what the word says. Even if they do have a successful marriage, the rubber is going to meet the road when they have kids and want to raise them in certain ways.....
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

16. Member
    Very scary for your daughter, Islam is truly an evil religion, especially towards women, and if children are ever involved, she will have to submit to that evil, or he might just run off with them to a muslim country, maybe to be trained to kill "infidels"......there's plenty of of information about this, it is truly a horrible situation, I pray your daughter can turn him to Christ, the one true Lord

17. Member
    What if getting into heaven ain’t your goal ?
    GETFISHED !!!

This lifetime is very temporary in the big scheme of things. And hell is a very hot place man.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

19. Member
    You know a lot about what due to having 4 wives?
    Mixed religion marriages or just failed marriages?

20. Member
    Who are we speaking about the muslim, christian or you?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast