Thread: lemon lake

lemon lake

anybody fish Lake Lemon near Bloomington ? Going there Saturday , what can I expect for current bass fishing ...? Never been there before .

2. Member
    Single ramp at lake lemon. 18.00 launch fee. They previously have had USA Bass Tourneys on it and do pretty good with decient weigh ins. The land owners do spray weeds in the spring around their docks but plenty of weed beds and a few patches of lilly pads as well as numerous docks. Several good points with the creek channel running close where I have picked up fish before. There is also some stump beds midway down lake east of Riddle Point along creek channel that can be found. You will also find a few blow downs scattered where you don’t have houses. Dam is on the west side. East end shallows up. Lots of rip rap along parts of shoreline also. I haven’t fished it since mid June due to pleasure boating..but that is subsiding and this weekend looks to be a high of 70 and sunny. Past few years seemed to have good spawns as I have found numerous sizes of bass from small to as big as 8lbs as you constantly hear of a large fish being occasionally caught. Lake also has good crappie, yellow perch, and cats as well. 1700 acres of water to cover so good luck.