Help mounting new Echomap UHD Transducer on crazy Skeeter hull

So I finally save up some money for a new counsel mounted finder... Went with the Echomap UHD 73SV.. Dang transducer is like 4 feet long... not really but man its not a puck for sure.... I've search all sorts of pics and blogs but just not confident in my placement, I really only want to do this once!!!

First pic is where most people say to post it, but most have jack plates.. I do not (not recommended for my boat).. if I place it here it's good to Starboard but it will be blocked a little to Port by motor mount and motor when its trimmed down...
    trans 1.jpg

Second and third pic are on a lower pad... Not the lowest pad so there is still "some" protection for it not being ripped of in the shallows... only issue is that in the third pic you can see the transom angles "back" causing the transducer to be at an angle.. so I would need to get a transducer mounting block and shave it at an angle so it would come off the transom at a 90 degree angle...
    trans 2.jpg
    trans 3.jpg

pic 4 option is mounting it "under" the shelf but then again I have sonar being blocked by the angled hull on both sides, and a little bit of the engine on the front..
    trans 4.jpg

I think my best option is the more dangerous spot in pic 2 and using an angle block to get it at a 90 off the hull... I'll just have to be careful not to slide across any bottom obstructions..(in a bass boat... right? ha)

ANY suggestions would be appreciated..

2. Member
    Your only chance of reading at significant speed is all the way down - too risky for me though! I went with #1, but I have a 6" setback plate. You can adjust the angle BTW.

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Not sure what type of waters you fish, clean or stumpy but like BB1 said, its risky to put at the pad to get a on plane reading.......without a jackplate, it's s tough call......at anyone of those location, you will have to trim your motor up to get a clear view to the port side.

Just know that anyone of those locations you have posted, you wont have any sonar reading while running on plane.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

4. Member
    oh yeah... been doing a lot of research on Skeeter hulls... I didn't want to make post to long.. but if needed, and it probably will... I'll get a "Y" cable and put a puck transducer were my old flasher one is in the bilge area... they say that helps alot for on plane reading...

I think a clear picture slow is better then running on plane with crappy picture!!

Dont think I've fished "clean" water in a long time.. LOL Here in TN there's always trees floating somewhere..

5. Member
    Keep in mind if that is a 54 or 56 in the pictures, it won’t work with the Y cable. You’ll need a 34 or 36.

6. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    I run a gt34 y cable with gt8 and a gt 30 .The gt 8is high speed

7. Member
    GREAT!! Lucky for me the GT36 cost $400!!!!!

8. Member
    Fun right?!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ve3xti View Post
    Keep in mind if that is a 54 or 56 in the pictures, it won’t work with the Y cable. You’ll need a 34 or 36.
    I didn't know that. ugh.

10. Member
    After some more research the GT 56 will work with a Y cable BUT..... it will only work with ANOTHER GT56 transducer.... specifically if you want to mount TWO on the back of the boat... one for the left side and one for the right.... They will work together for the best pic.. $$$$$$$$$$

if you want to use a puck style inside the hull you will need the 34/36 series and one of 3 approved pucks... Wish i would have known that... BUT live and learn.. not going to stress.. going to mount what i have the best i can and fish!! LOL