Can I add seat bases in these locations???

2007 Tracker 175TXW. Can I drill holes and add seat bases in these locations??? I just want to add two so I can store the seats out of the way. In the rear would be best. CLICK TO ENLARGE
    Untitled.png
    Last edited by tngw1500se; 09-19-2021 at 10:56 PM.

2. Member
    I found this video:

3. Banned
    Nothing but foam under the ones in the back, the front would be fine to but don't go to far to the outside or it will be too shallow and you will hit the bottom of the boat.

4. Member
    Do you risk creating a water entry point that might eventually waterlog the foam at those rear corners

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by csurp View Post
    Do you risk creating a water entry point that might eventually waterlog the foam at those rear corners
    I think that after I drill the hole, I'll put some great stuff foam in there and install the set bases while it's still not cured. I'll put some tape on the bottom of the bases so the foam doesn't come up through the seat base holes.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayman73 View Post
    Nothing but foam under the ones in the back, the front would be fine to but don't go to far to the outside or it will be too shallow and you will hit the bottom of the boat.
    I think the rear would be the best spot.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tngw1500se View Post
    I think that after I drill the hole, I'll put some great stuff foam in there and install the set bases while it's still not cured. I'll put some tape on the bottom of the bases so the foam doesn't come up through the seat base holes.
    Do your seat bases have brass bushings? The brass bushings in the seat base eventually wear out and become loose. Most just replace the base when that happens. If you foam in the base it might be the devil to remove down the road/