Oil Temp Sensor??? Model 115ELPT4S, S/N 1B462115

I just picked up a 2007 115 4S EFI (Model 115ELPT4S, S/N 1B462115) for my Walleye boat. I put the motor on the DDT when running to look through the operating parameters for any errant readings. With the engine running, everything looks good but I get a constant Oil Temperature Reading of -6 degrees F (when its was 88 degrees outside and the engine was warmed up and water temp was reading 130F). I went through all of the diagrams for this motor and I cant find an Oil Temperature Sensor. Is there an oil temp sensor for this motor? If there is, I need a part number and location on the engine. Thanks Much!!!

2. Member
    Have the next generation (2016) ,also get -6 C in my display. From the manual "not available" for Oil Temp..

3. Member
    Awesome...several of my Mercury tech friends said that -6F number is probably a default number when there is no sensor. Just wanted see if anybody out here knew the definitive answer and that I didn't have a bad sensor (that was also missing from all the parts lists). Thanks Much!!!

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor