2019 Z520L KEYPAD

Went to go fishing today, boat started to get off trailer. Then it would not start again.no lights when i depress pad to start, stop or 1 through 4. all other controls work. i have an old key hookup for a 2008 z boat ,but cant find where to plug in. first do think keypad died and do you know where the hook up is for the key to plug in. thanks in advance

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    From “maintenance tips and tricks” on the top of our main page: http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....ferrerid=39498
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Member
    The switch panel on the L boats has to be removed to install the key switch. It plugs into a connector that has to be removed from the panel.
    2018 Ranger Z520L
    2020 Mercury ProXS 250 4 Stroke

4. Member
    I had the same issue with my 2019 521L this past Friday. Is this an indication that the keypad is bad or could it be something else? I ordered the key switch for temporary use and have removed the keypad panel and unplugged the plug from the back of the start button. Is there any way to test the keypad? If the keyswitch works, does that mean that the keypad is bad?

5. Member
    Just went through a similar issue with my 2017 Z520C. Everything worked, the Start button woke the touchpad, and beeped like it was ready to start, but would not crank when holding it down. Fished the last couple of tournaments using emergency key. Had made an appointment at the dealer to get diagnosed. Then, after reading another post on the same issue, I unplugged the "second plug" that goes into switch, sprayed it with contact cleaner, then re-installed. (note: have to push hard to seat the plug into the socket) Cranked right over after that. Keeping my fingers crossed that I just had an issue with corrosion in the plug.
    2017 Ranger Z520C / Mercury 250 ProXS 2S