Serial number location on an Optimax?

Good Morning,

This is my first post.

I bought a used 2005 200 Opti and the sticker is missing on the bracket so no serial number.

Is there anywhere else it may be marked so I can look it up?

The PCM says that is was made in Sept 2004, but I still believe it’s a 2005 model year.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

2. Member

3. Member
    ^^^^^+1 likely not
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

4. Member
    There isn’t a serial number there.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Two locations commonly found are a decal on the starboard side of the Swivel Bracket, AND a decal affixed to the cylinder head/engine block (Starboard Side, where head meets block). NOT found on PCM stickers.

Some engines also had serial number stamped in the port side of block (at block mating surfaces)... this was most commonly found on the Mercury Racing engines.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    I found the serial number on a faded sticker on the starboard cylinder head.

It’s: 0T014131

Can anyone tell me what year motor this is?

I’ve looked and can’t find it anywhere

7. Member
    born 6/15/1999 that ser number is for 225 xl salt water motor , hmmmm some thing amiss here with a 200 pcm on it
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Definitely fishy...

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

9. Member
    I'd be pretty nervous buying a motor that someone took the stickers off.
    Just saying ....
    1997 Ranger 692VS
    2014 Mercury 175 Pro XS 2B111166

10. Member
    I guess I’ll have to wait for it to run so I can check the gauges. The PCM has a date of 2014 on it and I’m assuming that’s the build date. I’m hoping it’s for a 2005 which is what I thought I bought.

Maybe the serial number is incorrect. It’s hard to read.

11. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Sure looks like you're reading that number right.