Question Prop to Pad question

2020 Ranger Reata 1850MS
    Mercury 175 ProXS Four-stroke
    Tempest Plus 19P
    also have a Revolution 4 17P

I’m still breaking in my boat (only 5 hours) so I don’t have much hard data to start messing with the factory set-up, yet.

My biggest concern and/or question is the height of the motor, as it was rigged by Ranger. With the bottom of the boat sitting level, and the motor trimmed so that the prop line of thrust is also level, the distance from prop-to-pad is 6 1/2”. This seems very low to me.

The 1850 MS is more of a multi-species boat and it really doesn’t have much of a pad, so I understand that the prop-to-pad height is going to be different than the typical bass boat.

Any thoughts?

2. Pat Goff
    After you get your motor broken in, listen to what your boat is telling you. Too high and too low have symptoms, if you want it set correctly, you'll need to know what both are.

Internet advice is cheap, but proper setup takes a little time and effort for YOUR boat, because every single one is different.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

I only ever have had fish ski boats...
    You do not say if you have a jackplate
    If not go with a 10 inch
    My buddy 202 viper coral and myself 190 triton fs added 4+ mph switching from a 8 inch to a 10
    Start at 3 1/4 below pad and see what your boat wants from that, your motor is way TO LOW
    I am 3 1/4 my buddies coral is at 3 3/4
    Most newer Muti boats that I see seem to come equipped with a 12" plate

Basically raise it until your water pressure drops and or hole shot is effected
    2002 Triton 190 FS , 200 EFI, 25 tempest plus, Garmin Force, Garmin 10 Ultra sv, LVS 34, 2 Garmin UHD 93sv