Thread: Impact damage

Impact damage

My wife and I got T boned last light on the way home 50 mile per hour impact, we are ok but the impact centered at my rear axle on our new diesel ram 2500, he hit us so hard the winch tower on my Ranger is bent and no longer towable, the front of my trailer appears bent anyone have advise on possible repair or replacement thanks?

Get a Ranger dealer to say it is unrepairable and must be replaced.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

3. Member
    I wouldn’t settle for anything less than full replacement of the trailer. It’s probably torqued about the “X” & “Y” axis and most repair shops only check horizontal “X” direction. That’s too nice of a rig to accept less
    2006 Ranger Z20 / 225HP Merc Pro XS

4. Member
    First off …. glad to hear you and your wife are ok!!!!!

Ditto above ……. I would push for a new trailer. Chances are if that bow stand it twisted, so is something else in the frame. Especially with a 50mph impact.

And not to be Debbie Downer …… used Ranger trailers that fit are about impossible to find …… and if you do find one it seems like they are never for the model you own (my experience while looking for something to use this year for my Z520 while the new axles came).
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci

5. Member
    Very sorry to hear this. Surely I'd be pushing for a new trailer. Any visible damage to the boat? Glad u guys weren't hurt.
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

6. Member
    Thank you for the thoughts all, my bow eye is destroyed and the winch tower is bent to the starboard side and the bow roller area is bent badly the boat is sitting on the end bell of my roller. I just got home from the hospital off for 3 days then physical therapy as I woke up sore in my back and neck, my wife thank God is good and no issues my new Ram is ugly now only 4k miles on her, could have been worse thank God for the outcome. Hopefully they total the truck time and appraisal will tell, trailer well thats another story we shall see.

Go easy for a few days. I T-boned a person last year (she ran a red light) and hurt for a while. Be aware of concussion symptoms.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

8. Member
    truck likely will not total -- but getting it fixed with a completely new diff will take forever likely plus all the other body parts are scarce! at least all are ok.
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

Quote Originally Posted by TopgunZ521C View Post
    Thank you for the thoughts all, my bow eye is destroyed and the winch tower is bent to the starboard side and the bow roller area is bent badly the boat is sitting on the end bell of my roller. I just got home from the hospital off for 3 days then physical therapy as I woke up sore in my back and neck, my wife thank God is good and no issues my new Ram is ugly now only 4k miles on her, could have been worse thank God for the outcome. Hopefully they total the truck time and appraisal will tell, trailer well thats another story we shall see.
    Glad you are ok, also get boat checked, bow eye and rear straps could have done some fiberglass damage.
    JEFF MURRAY USMC
    RANGER Z521C & 15 VERADO PRO 250
    DEEP CREEK LURES and ROSE JIGS
    GREENFISH TACKLE and ALX RODS

Don’t take a chance on the trailer. It could end up being a nightmare and you likely wouldn’t know for sure until it’s too late.
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

11. Member
    Well I found out today the driver that hit me was EXCLUDED from the insurance policy so they're insurance allstate denied any responsibility and won't be paying out a penny. So looks like I'm gonna have to use my policy to fix my own vehicles this is a crock of stink bait. Lawyers can't help im out on a limb wow can't believe the police are also not going to release his name to us either this just getting worse by the day

the police can't not release his name. What will happen in this case is that your insurance co will pay to fix your rig and then sue him to get back whatever they can.
    Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan

13. Member
    Man, this is a real bummer. If the police can't release his name, that makes me think he's a minor.. not sure how else they could justify withholding his name in the accident report.

accident reports are public record.....Well who knows in Pelosi country

15. Member
    The individual who struck us is an adult the whole thing stinks to deal with, the insurance company has found a loop hole on taking responsibility in the matter and them and the police and the vehicle owner all seem to be working together. Once my truck boat and trailer is repaired I'm upping my coverage.

16. Member
    You should be able to get the crash report just look on their website. I would push the police to go after him you are the victim here. Finally you should be able to sue him but he probably doesn’t have a pot to piss in so good luck on that.