Megalink issue or something else

Looking at buying a immaculate 2008 Champion 210 but when we went for a test ride I noticed the live well pump wasn’t working. The pump in switch would blink but they wouldn’t pump in. The aerators worked and would kick on though.

Owner pulled the batteries out to access the pump thinking it was bad but when he put 12v directly to the pump it kicked on. Put batteries and everything back in still wouldn’t work and now touch pad doesn’t blink.

Thoughts?

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    That pump probably needs to be swapped out whether it runs when connected directly to the battery or not. The blinking LED means something is amiss with that circuit. The pump is probably pulling too much current if the controller hasn't already been damaged. PM me your e-mail and I'll send you a document explaining the soft breakers and MegaLink operation.

3. Member
    Unfortunately the soft breaker reset didn’t work. Now the push button doesn’t blink at all for the livewell pump.

4. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    So, does the pump run? Have you changed it?

5. Member
    Turns out the connection on one pump was bad and the other pump was bad. Good to go. Thanks

6. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jchesley View Post
    Turns out the connection on one pump was bad and the other pump was bad. Good to go. Thanks
    Good deal! Unfortunately, it was after mine totally failed, that I started to understand what it was telling me. When I converted to rockers, I had a bad recirc pump, bad fill pump and one of the bilge pumps bad.