Has anybody seen how the pros have their mega Live mounted?

Has anybody seen how the pros have their Mega 360 and Mega Live mounted? Is it all mounted to their trolling motor? Is the Mega Live above or below the Mega 360 transducer? Is the mega live mounted on the shaft of their trolling motor or the shaft of the Mega 360?

Have not seen any pictures different than this:

Lee Livesay

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Great pic. I wonder if you can mount it above mega 360 transducer without any interference? With both running and pinging?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cevans View Post
    Great pic. I wonder if you can mount it above mega 360 transducer without any interference? With both running and pinging?
    On most applications that would have the mega live above water
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

5. Member
    Guess I will be the test. I have enough crap on the front of my 1648 g3 jon boat sticking in the water. Trolling motor, Da Ducer with mega 360 mounted. ,and now a fishing specialities setup similar to the da Ducer for mega Live. Fishing submerged timber will be a challenge. I run a MK v2 power drive trolling motor and only thing I can attach to it is DI transducer. I can maybe get rid of the da Ducer. Slide the mega 360 into the shaft of the fishing specialties rod..mount the mega live above the mega 360 transducer. And eliminate one item stuck in the front of the boat in the water. Just have to see if both mega 360 and mega live have any interferance set up that way. That is the reason for the questions.

6. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    I have a Mega 360 "No Mount" in combination with a Fishing Specialties Mega 360 mount attached to the side rail of my Pontoon. My plan is to mount Mega Live on the shaft of the Mega 360.

My use of Mega 360 and Mega Live will be different than most and won't require the Mega Live to be rotated. I troll for Stripers and my plan is to have the Mega Live in Landscape mode and pointing backwards towards my trailing lures so that I can watch for activity and interest in the lures I am trolling. I have no idea if it will work for this application as the A-Rigs or U-Rigs are typically trailing about 50 to 75 feet behind the boat.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

7. Member
    Slydoggie , I’m going to try mounting the mega Live on the shaft of the mega 360 installed in a fishing specialities setup and just switched the mega 360 out of the da Ducer into the fishing specialties shaft. Removed the da Ducer and re routed the cables today. Keep you posted.