Seasonal allergy to a food?

Anyone ever have this happen? Sooo long story. When i was an infant i was allergic to milk and sugar. Got dehydrated and parents had to change formula. Currently 46yrs old. Only allergy is red cedar. Spring 2021, i had a violent diarrhea reaction to peanuts and peanut butter. Tested the theory for 3 weeks every time the contributing factor was PB. Anyways, middle of August i started eating PB again with no issues. Anyone else had this type thing happen?
    Denalirods.com
    Solarbat.com

Same can of pb? Or new?

3. Member
    Change brands or something? Use different bread?

4. Member
    I have had two serious reactions to food over the years. My allergist explained to me that a person can have an allergic reaction to anything at any time even if you have eaten a specific food your entire life, been subjected to environmental allergens etc.. it could be a combination of factors that result in the body having a histamine reaction. I have to carry an epi-pen and was advised to avoid the foods and other allergens that I showed a sensitivity to with an allergy test. Food Allergy testing is not 100%. An example I have eaten cheddar cheese my entire life 6 months ago I ate a couple of slices and broke out in hives over my entire body. Have eaten cheese since no issue. You may want to have an allergy test see what your sensitive to.

5. Member
    Yes….As I understand it, the histamine level in your body can raise at certain times of year causing you to be sensitive to foods that you aren’t normally sensitive to. Happens every year to me. Peanut butter, sandwich meats, hot dogs and certain drinks will affect me at certain times of the year.

Thanks for the replies and great info guys. It was every type of PB. M&ms, reeses, nutter butter wafers, jif, ice cream with pb chunks, etc.
    Denalirods.com
    Solarbat.com

Maybe not what you're going through but when I was younger I had hay fever really bad and I couldn't eat melons without my throat itching and almost swelling shut. But sometime in my 40s my hay fever just went away to where it hardly bothers me and I can eat all the melons I want.

Quote Originally Posted by crawdadking View Post
    Maybe not what you're going through but when I was younger I had hay fever really bad and I couldn't eat melons without my throat itching and almost swelling shut. But sometime in my 40s my hay fever just went away to where it hardly bothers me and I can eat all the melons I want.
    The way i understand life is your body changes every 7 years, amd that is what i was attributing this to. Then it went away.
    Denalirods.com
    Solarbat.com

9. Member
    Your theory sounds reasonable that the cedar pollen allergies made your system sensitive and it "triggered" on peanut butter. Probably a good idea to avoid peanuts, shellfish, and other high risk for allergy type foods during cedar pollen season.

My odd food allergy is squirrel meat which would trigger several hours of vomiting when I was a kid and I haven't eaten it since. Fast forward several decades latter and before I had minor surgery a nurse at the hospital asked "Do you have any food allergies?" I started laughing and said "Well......" You might be a Redneck if your wrist band in the hospital says "Allergic to Squirrel."