Thread: G4N units

G4N units

I have which is prob a very simple question. I'm trying to build up my new boat.

If I have a Helix 8 Si+ G4N (I say Helix 8 due to needing at least an 8 to use a 360 unit) unit at my console transducer off transom and another at the bow off an ultrex with transducer built into TM can I:

1. View either transducer on either FF at anytime? How I am reading it that the G4N units with ethernet allow you to interconnect them.

2. If yes to above can you split screen both transducers to 1 or both FF so I can seen back of the boat info and front of boat info at same time.

I'm just trying to understand how everything can work together.

3. If I added a 360 upfront and a 3rd FF can I send that info to the console FF vs using the dedicated additional 3rd FF up front if my guy in the back of the boat wants that info and is using the console FF?

I hope that makes sense. Pretty much do transducers need to be on only 1 FF or can they be all associated with all FF's at any time.

Thanks and sorry if a stupid question.

I appreciate it.

1. No you can't "view a transducer" or select another unit's transducer. You can share processed data between/among units by selecting the UNIT in the Network Source menu. The units don't have to be the same like both SI or both DI, they can be different ones, all you need is at least one networked that has the sonar technology to share.

2. See the first sentence above. The units will have the same views to select from and the Network menu will have ONE unit to choose from for the data to be displayed.

3. The 360 and MEGA 360 can be shared to other units on the Network.

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    1. No you can't "view a transducer" or select another unit's transducer. You can share processed data between/among units by selecting the UNIT in the Network Source menu. The units don't have to be the same like both SI or both DI, they can be different ones, all you need is at least one networked that has the sonar technology to share.

2. See the first sentence above. The units will have the same views to select from and the Network menu will have ONE unit to choose from for the data to be displayed.

3. The 360 and MEGA 360 can be shared to other units on the Network.

Thanks for that. So I can do what I'm talking about with a 360 but not other transducers. That's fine. The 360 is what I was most interesting in knowing that for. So if I have a FF up front and a FF at console I can select that 360 to use from either one?