2080 AVX with a 200 Suzuki

Any folks out with a 2080AVX with a Suzuki? I heard they are bullet proof but hard to prop and slow?
    Looking for some feed back from anyone that might have this set up.
    thanks,

I don’t have that set up but do have an 1880 with the 115SS Suk. Mine came from the factory propped and height set right enough that I’m not going to mess around chasing a mph or two.

When I talked with Ryan Patterson when I toured the plant he commented that test boats have been played with/tested so that they are shipped with the optimum prop and motor height. I’m sure you can fiddle with the prop and settings to eek out some additional performance though.

Guys on here will tell you that the 1880’s will run 48-53 mph or so. My Zuk is in the bottom end of that range. I figured it would be going in but I bought it based on what I had heard regarding reliability and my perception of the same. In my observations when going to the ocean or larger inland water ways the majority of work boats that you see are running Zuk or Yamaha power. Work boats don’t have time for down time.

The other thing to keep in mind when dreaming about speed in a tin boat is they’re not as fast as glass. With the possible exception of the Xpress boats.

Quote Originally Posted by TBBasser View Post
    Any folks out with a 2080AVX with a Suzuki? I heard they are bullet proof but hard to prop and slow?
    Looking for some feed back from anyone that might have this set up.
    thanks,
    Lots of Suzukis down here in the salt water. Expect to lose 3-5 MPH over Yamaha or Mercury. They seem to be bulletproof and great on fuel. One of the guide services I use occasionally went from 250 Yamaha to 250 Suzuki on their entire fleet (8-9 boats if I remember correctly). Basically saved enough fuel to pay for the motors over two years.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

4. Member
    I was looking at a 200 suzuki when I bought my 2080 but went with Merc. There used to be a few threads on the suzuki outboards page about the 200 zuke on other boats and they were considerably slower than other brands. If I ever get a vx20 it will probably have a 250SS Suzuki on it, they are in the same ballpark speed wise as the others. The 200 is an inline 4 (beefed up 150) instead of a v6 (detuned 250) and I think that is why they are slower than others. Every other 200 in the bass boat market is a detuned 250....
    VC Marine
    Cashion Rods
    Lew's
    Vexus Boats

2022 Vexus VX21, 250 ProXS

5. Member
    Thanks Guys