Zxr20 cover install.

Putting on my cover for first time for travel. Where do you guys hook the strap ends to. I went under the JP and up to the opposite side trailer tie down. It does t seem to pull down under the sponson real well like this. I want to make sure I got it right as I’m getting g ready for a 500 mile move.

2. Member
    Mine came with a sheet of paper (see below) that showed the recommended setup.

The straps are hooked to the eyelet on the transom ratchets (same side as strap). The trolling motor prop should be to the port side. Also, there is a specific measurement that was recommended for the trolling motor position on the shaft, 3" between clamp and head. The poles have a specific height they are to be set at (12"-16" in rear and 14" at front) but I have just placed the front seat down on the deck and placed it right at the point the pole should be. I don't put anything in the back but the seat under the front (or something else) allows the cover to fit over the sponsons better. I did try both front and back poles once and the cover did fit better with the poles, they kept it from sagging which allowed it to fit farther back over the sponsons.

If I was making a long trip I would probably take the time to set up the poles.

20210916_184545.jpg
    2021 Skeeter ZXR-21 with 250 Yamaha SHO, Pro II Power Poles, Atlas Hydro Jack Plate

3. Member
    GEL,

thank you for taking the time to take a picture of that and post it. I did not get a sheet with mine or at least I haven’t seen it. I guess I’m going to have some playing to do to get the cover under the bottom of the sponson so it pulls up good.

4. Member
    I attached 2 stainless eye bolts to my jack plate on the bottom holes, pulls down over the sponsons way better

5. Member
    I adjusted the length of the straps to make them a bit longer, go under the trailer, and then back up to eyelets on the ratchet straps. It seems to provide enough leverage to get them over the sponsons and keep them snug.

6. Member
    Not a bad idea to place towels on top of the deck at the sponsons, keeps the cover from being abrasive to that curve.