Threaded Trim Pin for my Motor

I was reading the thread about the "threaded trim pins" and decided to take a look at mine. Motor is 2020 Mercury 8 cylinder 4-stroke 200 HP S/N is 2B740359.
    Don I included two pictures of my pin. I am wondering if what I see is "normal" or is there something missing from the pin on the underside? (picture was taken looking at a mirror).
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    That looks to be the pressed in trilobe pin. You should be good.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smallykiller View Post
    That looks to be the pressed in trilobe pin. You should be good.
    Thanks smallykiller. That's good to know. I had no clue about this being an issue. That's what makes this Forum valuable.

4. mikesxpress
    Trilobe pin that has been used for many years with no issues. Your good!!! The earlier model years (my 2019 250 V8) still had the Trilobe pin.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    Trilobe pin that has been used for many years with no issues. Your good!!! The earlier model years (my 2019 250 V8) still had the Trilobe pin.
    Thank you mikesxpress. Very few people would ever be aware of something like that. I know I wasn't.

6. Member
    That's because the trilobe pin has never been a failure issue. They were a pain to remove and needed to be replaced with a new trilobe pin if any service was done to the trim assembly when it needed to be removed from the motor transom brackets.

This new design threaded pin seems to have been a running design change with motors with an early born on date for 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by chasesfish View Post
    Thank you mikesxpress. Very few people would ever be aware of something like that. I know I wasn't.

7. Member
    Thanks JazzII. That's good information for everyone to be aware of.

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Looks perfectly normal.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor