Thread: solix G3 update

Banned

solix G3 update

ok I have two solix 10 mega + g3 units. there is an update 3.980 that had came out and i never updated it. Hummingbrd says I can do that update without doing the 3.500 update on the G3. But the question is will I have to first do the 3.980 before the upcoming ypdate with mega live data? Also will i lose all my saved way points in doing update? Thanks team..

2. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Angler View Post
    ok I have two solix 10 mega + g3 units. there is an update 3.980 that had came out and i never updated it. Hummingbrd says I can do that update without doing the 3.500 update on the G3. But the question is will I have to first do the 3.980 before the upcoming ypdate with mega live data? Also will i lose all my saved way points in doing update? Thanks team..
    We will probably know the answer to this in a day or two when the 4.0 software is available on the Humminbird Software Update web site. I chatted with Humminbird support this morning because the Software Update Web Site was giving me a "This site isn't available" message... and still is. They said the Solix update was being loaded. When 4.0 is on the web site, the instructions will give you the precise prerequisite information. Anything else is supposition at this point.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    We will probably know the answer to this in a day or two when the 4.0 software is available on the Humminbird Software Update web site. I chatted with Humminbird support this morning because the Software Update Web Site was giving me a "This site isn't available" message... and still is. They said the Solix update was being loaded. When 4.0 is on the web site, the instructions will give you the precise prerequisite information. Anything else is supposition at this point.

perfect..tyvm!!! you ever use the fish smart app for updates? seems way easier

4. Member
    Depends on the connection you get wherever you are. Doing it on the water is risky in my opinion. Download via WiFi at home if you can. I had an issue with FishSmart once. I always use an SD to load software. JMO Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

5. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    The FishSmart app for updates is really risky and slow... At least it has been in the past. It uses the Bluetooth connection rather than WiFi so it's very slow.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

6. Banned
    do I need to save my way points before doing update? will my network be screwed up?

do I need to save my way points before doing update? will my network be screwed up?
    Installing software involves Restore Factory Defaults. That affects the menu settings---not the waypoint library.

BUT to be safe it is best to export your waypoint library in case you screw up the update install or there is a glitch in the software that locks up the unit.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

8. Member
    I'm in the information technology industry and firmware updates are literally a way of life for what I do. I would strongly suggest using an SD card for updates. These units don't seem to be able to recover if there is any problem with downloading the files, which is almost guaranteed using a wireless network/bluetooth. Using an SD card is an extra few steps but worth it.