Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar

Active Target power down update install

I haven't received the new boat yet, so I'm unsure how they will have the active target set up. I'm told the new update allows you to turn it off when not being used to save power draw. Needs to be to a switch. Anyone have theirs set up? I didn't have a switch up front on my 721 (lights & Trim was all). So trying to think how I'll set it up if they don't have it configured that way.

2. Member
    I have Livescope and, honestly, it's on every time I'm on the water. I just connected the power to the main disconnect so that it powers down when I get off of the water and get ready to plug the charger in. I don't see myself ever fishing without using forward imaging.
    2021 Phoenix 721
    Merc 250 ProXS 4S
    Lowrance Live 12/9/Ghost
    Garmin 1222 w/Livescope
    Ionic 3x50 AH Lithium

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rudapa View Post
    I haven't received the new boat yet, so I'm unsure how they will have the active target set up. I'm told the new update allows you to turn it off when not being used to save power draw. Needs to be to a switch. Anyone have theirs set up? I didn't have a switch up front on my 721 (lights & Trim was all). So trying to think how I'll set it up if they don't have it configured that way.
    I put a led rocker switch in the bow dash next to the unit to power it on and off. Their might be some cases when you wont need the active target that's why I put a stand alone switch and didn't power it from the main power switch.

4. Member
    You can hook up to the accessory switch on your console. That's how my dealer installs Live Target. Just flip the switch off if you don't want it running.

5. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    Thanks!

I put a toggle switch in the plate on the bow similar to the other switches for lights and trim. Then depending on what I'm fishing I can turn it on or off.
    Phoenix 921ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

7. Member
    I have never powered mine down during day. If you put a separate power button / toggle, do you have to wait for it to go thorough booting up process each time? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MengRanger View Post
    I have never powered mine down during day. If you put a separate power button / toggle, do you have to wait for it to go thorough booting up process each time? Thanks
    It doesn't take but a moment to start. It's not like starting the display unit. Besides I usually either have it on most of the day or off most of the day depending on what?how I'm fishing.
    Phoenix 921ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

9. Member
    Is this the yellow wire I’m reading about?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Mark View Post
    You can hook up to the accessory switch on your console. That's how my dealer installs Live Target. Just flip the switch off if you don't want it running.