Distribution Block

2012 Z521. Wanted to run a distribution block from my battery compartment to my console. How do you or can you run any wires?

Nobody knows? There has to ba a way to run wires from the battery compartment to the console. Surely someone has done this.

3. Member
    My rig is a 521L (2020) and I ran 8 guage from batteries to console through tubes and came out at the screen / cover to side of the drivers seat. PITA, but done.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tracer1 View Post
    2012 Z521. Wanted to run a distribution block from my battery compartment to my console. How do you or can you run any wires?
    There is a conduit run from the rear to the console area. Gotta take some stuff apart to find it I'm sure. Then you gotta fish your wire through.
    2018 Z520L 50th Anniversary - 250 Pro XS 2-Stroke SN - 2B527745 / Reman Powerhead Built 8/2021 SN - QSCS00380OS0

5. Member
    On my '09 Z520 there's a tube ...... but it's a P.I.T.A. b/c every other wire jammed in there is like an interwoven mess of spaghetti. A good quality fish tape is your friend. Don't forget to lightly grease the head of the wire when you run it ...... it helps!
    -391v
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci

On my '08 Z21 you could remove the seat and run a wire, also had a access hole you could put your hand in to run a wire. Still a pita but worked. Has anyone tried that? Can't believe ranger made it completely closed in. Looks good but that's all.

7. Member
    Fiberglass splitters suck, so wear a long sleeve shirt and gloves. I pull the wire in stages so I'm only fishing the tape about half the length of the boat at a time.. I remove the round black vent cover under the console of the drivers seat and also remove the bow plate cover. Starting from the bow, I run a fish tape down the rigging tube to the hole by the console then pull a string. Then I go to to the back of the boat and run the tape through the rigging tube in the back until it gets past the shift lever. A little trick...if the tape is getting hung up around the shift lever, pull it out and flip the tape over and try running it again. It's easier if you have someone shaking the tape so you can hear were it is while you put your hand through the hole to find the tape...pull another string, tie the two together and your ready to pull your wire. Might be better ways to do it, but used that method on 3 boats now. I would gladly pay the extra $50 for Ranger to just rig the boat with a quality 8 AWG wire.

Mine doesn't have that round black vent cover. My Z21 had it. Thought about putting one there. I haven't figured out why Ranger or any of the boat manufactures don't put a bigger tube for running wires. These manufacturers know most guys change or add electronics and other equipment thoughout the years. Must be a marketing thing or they just don't care (or both). I prefer the distribution block for my electronics simply because I can turn them on without using a master (power switch). The way they are set up now is the power switch has to be on plus an accessory switch. If you happen to turn off the power switch, you turn off your electronics, or anything else you have running. PITA