Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
  1. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by godsdozer View Post
    I own a bulldozer contracting company. I am not sure what I would look in a suite while operating a bulldozer , I have never required any of my employees to wear one while bulldozing (it could change, things are changing rapidly here USA). Now, if I owned a Bank, or Law firm , brokerage firm , CPA office ect, that may change. When I worked for my uncles Funeral home when I was 18, I was asked to wear to a suite so I did.
    I'll bet it would look cool!!..........

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

2. Member
    I like them and it gives youafeelingof success. Now I put one on every day for 37 years. I like good suits and I had ten. In fact I still have them. The last time I had one on was March 13, 2020. That was the day my company stopped all outside visits to customers and the next week we converted to work from home.

I felt it was a good time to retire after I lost my job in June of that year. The company didn't need salesmen anymore.

With that said i still like suits but just don't have the settings to need to wear them anymore. In fact I don't shave all that much any more. I just fish 6 days a week.
    when you see this on the water stop and say hi.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by keeferfish View Post
    Just stop being a criminal now!
    Thats funny right there

4. Member
    Yes. just got off a Cruise. Had a My suite for both Formal nights, only time I ware it except for W-F. Lots of people still dress in suites for formal night on the Cruise. Just got suite back from cleaners, back in closet ...Great time on Cruise by the way, another story...

Everyone should probably have one. That said I don’t own one nor do I even own a tie now that I think about it.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by havacman View Post
    Everyone should probably have one. That said I don’t own one nor do I even own a tie now that I think about it.
    I probably should own one, but I’m not sure where and when id ever wear it. I haven’t needed one in the last 25 years.... I guess you never know. Lol

7. Member
    Funerals, weddings, court appearances and very important meetings. I have 5 suits and a couple sport coats.
    2019 Ranger Z185
    veteran

8. Member
    I own 10 or more but haven't bought one in 2yrs. Before covid I had to wear them for meetings from time to time. In the past I had to wear them every day until we went to business casual attire in the office. Given i plan to retire in January chances are I'll never need to buy another.

9. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    I used to have several suits, sportcoats and ties, due to being a teacher for many years. After retiring, I gave all of them to Goodwill. Always hated wearing them. When my oldest daughter got married a couple years ago, I had to buy a new black suit. So now I have one.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smalljawguy View Post
    I have 2 and several dress jackets. Rarely wear them unless a funeral or wedding
    Same here. I prefer looking like a homeless person.

Quote Originally Posted by Fx20 2011 View Post
    I like them and it gives youafeelingof success. Now I put one on every day for 37 years. I like good suits and I had ten. In fact I still have them. The last time I had one on was March 13, 2020. That was the day my company stopped all outside visits to customers and the next week we converted to work from home.

I felt it was a good time to retire after I lost my job in June of that year. The company didn't need salesmen anymore.

With that said i still like suits but just don't have the settings to need to wear them anymore. In fact I don't shave all that much any more. I just fish 6 days a week.

10 Things Women LOVE On A Man | Ten Attractive Items To Wear | What Appeals To The Ladies?

1. Well Fitted Suits

We know the function of suits – high-standard clothing for business and fancy events. Suits aren't the most commonly worn outfits for first dates BUT the ladies love them every now and then. They like it when you dress to impress for special occasions like your wedding anniversary. They appreciate that effort.
    But whenever you wear a suit it's got to be the right fit. Psychology tells us about the classic “V-shaped” body which is associated with good health and more testosterone.

12. Member
    I used to ware one quite often and I liked the feel of a well tailored suit. Still have a few but don't find myself needing one very often. When I retired I gave away at least 20 to Goodwill.

I have a few and several jackets and blazers. Probably own 25 ties and wear them often. I can't imagine sitting with hi-powered customers or Colonels, Generals and Admirals, who are often wearing their dress uniforms, and not be in a suit.

14. Member
    I can’t imagine not having a suit. I rarely wear it and call it my Marry/bury suit.
    Red Sox in 6!

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzou211 View Post
    I have a few and several jackets and blazers. Probably own 25 ties and wear them often. I can't imagine sitting with hi-powered customers or Colonels, Generals and Admirals, who are often wearing their dress uniforms, and not be in a suit.
    I was an agent for John Hancock Life Ins back in the 80's. Those guys were serious about their suit wearing. I almost didn't get the job because I wore a blue blazer and grey wool trousers to the interview...all I had. My sales mgr told me to buy a couple of real suits before showing up for work. I bought two off the rack department store suits in a solid colors for under $100 each to get me started. I looked like a turd in the sugar bowl compared to those agents that were making the big money, all wearing $1200 & $1500 tailor made suits with equally expensive shoes and ties. Those guys were seeing not only high end clients but their tax attorneys and accountants as well....they had to look as good as those guys. I eventually borrowed my brothers Dillards credit card and bought a nicer suit for around $250 that they altered and I looked more appropriate.

I didn't make it two years at that job, all the jobs after that were starched shirt and a tie and khakis. As time went on the starched shirt was lost for a polo. My last job I wore jean or khakis and sometimes even shorts if I wasn't going into the showroom.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

16. Member
    The real question is how could you not own one , I only have 3 but like most just for weddings and funeral or occasional high end restaurants, if you don't own one I would guess you are around others that don't either then that makes sense.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

17. Member
    still wear suits on interview panel during the hiring process. but I wear Polo and shorts to work. My boss doesn't care as long I get the job done.

18. Member
    I have between 8 and 10. Numerous ties, [most hated part]. Nothing but the best for the man upstairs. Any other time it is tee shirt and jeans. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

I own one and don't wear it too often all. I did wear a nice shirt and tie to job interviews this past summer. Too hot in Arkansas summer to wear a suit to an interview or about anywhere else for that matter.

2014 Ranger RT188
    115 Merc 4s, laser II 20p
    humminbirds

I got a new one for my wedding in 05. Tried to put it on for a funeral and it didn't fit. So I have 1 that takes up room in my closet.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast