Adding Hydraulic JP to 919

I currently have a manual and I am still learning but has anyone gone from a manual to hydraulic on the 919?

Has it made a noticeable difference in top end performance in reference to minimizing chinewalk?

Merc 4S fury 24p PTP 3.25.
    I am getting better but currently max out at 5600@ 71 before I back out due to chinewalk.

2. Member
    A hydraulic plate won't increase top end performance. It will however give you the ability to adjust on the fly for changing conditions.

3. Member
    I know you ask about a 919 but I have a 721 and I installed a 12 inch bobs and it was night and day difference almost no chine walk now, most seem to agree to go with a 12 inch that's what I was told when I got mine and from the 10 inch fixed plate that came on it there is no comparison

Quote Originally Posted by Bjxds View Post
    I currently have a manual and I am still learning but has anyone gone from a manual to hydraulic on the 919?

Has it made a noticeable difference in top end performance in reference to minimizing chinewalk?

Merc 4S fury 24p PTP 3.25.
    I am getting better but currently max out at 5600@ 71 before I back out due to chinewalk.
    the plate wont fix that chinewalk, it will give you the option to adjust but you will still walk until you learn how to correct the boat at those speeds, practice makes perfect. It will be worth the install but don't expect it to totally eliminate the walk. A lower mounted plate will walk "harder" than a higher mounted plate so coming up with it should help but eventually you get too high and lose performance. Typically you don't really know if the plate is set right until you reach wide open throttle and start adjusting from there, I can kind of tell when im in the 60 mph range but I really tend to get dialed into a boat once I hit the 72-75 mph range and start tweaking it there once it pops up on pad. Honestly you probably haven't even felt it really take off yet only seeing 71mph as that's probably just about where the 919 starts to really get up and fly. My advice is get back to that 65-68mph range and try and hold it there with the hot foot pinned to the floor but your trim down. Then slightly bump the trim up a touch and repeat until the boat gets out of control, then trim down and start again, its like unlocking different levels of the walk, it starts out easier to control, once you control that bump up and learn that next level. Use the wheel and you will be making slight left hand turns only from say noon to 10 or 11 oclock and back to correct the walk.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

5. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Got to learn how to drive thru the walking......once you get that down, you will be good to go...faster!!!!
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

6. Member
    Ok sounds like more seat time is required. I am starting to hit the 68 mph range with out a lot of issues.
    I talked to a couple of guys on water that said 70 is reasonable but after that things do get hairy.

It takes a lot of practice. I remember my motor had like 20 hours on it before I really figured out how to drive it. But once I started figuring out how to control the walk I caught on super fast. I’m sure others will say the same.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

8. Member
    I have 919phx same motor and prop that you have. I was having your exact problem, had atlas 10 in installed it helps a good bit also i think one of my biggest problems was we have small lakes in ohio so i was running around with no more than half a tank of gas or less every since i bought the boat so one day decided to fill it up huge difference in the chine walk i could barley hit 68 without it going crazy now i keep it pretty full hit 73 easy with a tad bit of walk don't know if that will help but seem to help mine a lot GOOD LUCK