Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pulled trigger on Z520R Cup

I pulled the trigger on a Z520R Cup. Got the removable console and all the other options. Looking forward to it and hope to have it sometime in December. Traded in Z520C. Figured now would be best time since College football can keep me distracted!

....... Congrats and keep us posted.

3. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Big-time envy here. Awesome fishing platform, and it’s great to have something like that to look forward to.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

4. Member
    Congrats.....Can't wait to see pics of the new rig
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

5. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Congrats

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

Chaaaaaahhhhh CHING!!!! Congrats on new purchase, we will await pics and REAL information on the rig, speeds, handling, ride comfort, and fish ability room.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger188VX View Post
    I pulled the trigger on a Z520R Cup. Got the removable console and all the other options. Looking forward to it and hope to have it sometime in December. Traded in Z520C. Figured now would be best time since College football can keep me distracted!
    Well done! That R has some very nice features.

8. mikesxpress
    What delivery date did they give you?

9. Member
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

10. Member
    I didn’t get an exact date but an estimated time of December. That’s the timeframe I had in mind based on reading what the other guys were saying about delivery turn around times so I wasn’t surprised by that estimate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger188VX View Post
    Congratulations! When you get it, can you let us know how long it is on the trailer with motor down and tongue open. I am ready to purchase one, but if it is longer than a z520L it won’t fit in my garage.
    2018 Ranger 520L w/ Merc Pro XS 250 4S
    15" Solix console
    12" Solix on the bow
    Ultrex
    Atlas Hydraulic Jackplate

12. Member
    Yes sir, will do.

Congratulations! The best 20’ boat out there!

14. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by I.P. Freely View Post
    Congratulations! The best 20’ boat out there!
    Curious how you can say that? No one has even had one out on the water yet.

Quote Originally Posted by dukhntr View Post
    Curious how you can say that? No one has even had one out on the water yet.
    Guess I should have said on paper, all the new features, but I’m sure when they’re released and people have seat time on them, it won’t be a disappointment.

From Donkeyhunter,

I had a chance to see it at the Expo. I'm not a Rangerhomer, but I'll give you my 2 cents.

1. The removable passenger console was incredible. He removed it Sunday morning for me in 8 minutes. Two big wing bolts hold it in. When the console is out, there are snap in covers for the holes. It's clean and lightweight. I thought this was a big plus.
    2. On the bow, the trim buttons for the motor are large and you can control them with your feet. Very nice touch.
    3. The cooler on the step uses a double walled Yeti style cooler and it's about 8" deeper than the current cooler.
    4. The port side storage compartment is deeper, there are no rod tubes, just shelves that your rods lay on based on length. The butt of the rod has a hold down for each shelf, with the 7'9" to 8' rods being on top.
    5. The center console was what really struck me. It's probably 12" to 16" deeper than the current 520. You can store 30+ boxes and then have 10 rods stored on top of them. I absolutely loved this.
    6. The starboard storage uses the same shelf system as port.
    7. No change to day box, but upgraded fuse panels.
    8. 6 gauge wire used from the front to the back of the boat with 2 large channels available with pull ropes installed.
    9. Dash material was new. It's not plastic, it is a material they use on their pontoons and it was visually very nice. Almost looks like carbon fiber, but has a car dashboard feel.
    10. Touchscreen is totally configurable. You can see all of your settings, etc there. Color scheme for the screen is also customizable. I said this looks like something that would break and he said it will have a 5 year warranty. Also, all functions from the touchscreen are able to be replicated by the 3 buttons below it.
    11. First fish button, fills livewells, turns on aerator and gives you the water temp of the live well. It will alert you if it gets too high.
    12. Digital gauge on the transom showing you your cranking and trolling motor battery charge status.
    13. Rear ladder folds down into the boat body, completely flush. Very nice.
    14. Battery compartment is more accessible. Fold up panel lets you reach the pumps easier.
    15. Seats are incredibly comfortable. They are wide, soft and have great back support. I also think they look awesome.
    16. Console position lowered for the graph shelf, allowing you to add 15" and still be below the windbreaker on the console. (Not flush, but looks great)
    17. Sea Deck in the console area.
    18. Baffled gas tank, keeps the gas from sloshing around, moving the boat on turns.

I spoke with Mr. Morris at the show and asked how they came up with all the changes and he said they got every single Ranger pro in a room and told them to pick the 520L apart. Give them feedback on what they like and dislike. This was the result. I have a 2019 Ranger and I love it. It's slow, but that's fine. The Ranger engineer said this boat with 1 person, full tank of gas and loaded with tournament gear will run 71. Empty with 1 person, 76-77.

Take it for what it's worth. I looked at Phoenix, Bass Cat, Caymas and Vexus at the show. There wasn't a boat that impressed me more than this one. I will post compartment pictures in a second.

Congrats

Quote Originally Posted by I.P. Freely View Post
    Guess I should have said on paper, all the new features, but I’m sure when they’re released and people have seat time on them, it won’t be a disappointment.

From Donkeyhunter,

I had a chance to see it at the Expo. I'm not a Rangerhomer, but I'll give you my 2 cents.

1. The removable passenger console was incredible. He removed it Sunday morning for me in 8 minutes. Two big wing bolts hold it in. When the console is out, there are snap in covers for the holes. It's clean and lightweight. I thought this was a big plus.
    2. On the bow, the trim buttons for the motor are large and you can control them with your feet. Very nice touch.
    3. The cooler on the step uses a double walled Yeti style cooler and it's about 8" deeper than the current cooler.
    4. The port side storage compartment is deeper, there are no rod tubes, just shelves that your rods lay on based on length. The butt of the rod has a hold down for each shelf, with the 7'9" to 8' rods being on top.
    5. The center console was what really struck me. It's probably 12" to 16" deeper than the current 520. You can store 30+ boxes and then have 10 rods stored on top of them. I absolutely loved this.
    6. The starboard storage uses the same shelf system as port.
    7. No change to day box, but upgraded fuse panels.
    8. 6 gauge wire used from the front to the back of the boat with 2 large channels available with pull ropes installed.
    9. Dash material was new. It's not plastic, it is a material they use on their pontoons and it was visually very nice. Almost looks like carbon fiber, but has a car dashboard feel.
    10. Touchscreen is totally configurable. You can see all of your settings, etc there. Color scheme for the screen is also customizable. I said this looks like something that would break and he said it will have a 5 year warranty. Also, all functions from the touchscreen are able to be replicated by the 3 buttons below it.
    11. First fish button, fills livewells, turns on aerator and gives you the water temp of the live well. It will alert you if it gets too high.
    12. Digital gauge on the transom showing you your cranking and trolling motor battery charge status.
    13. Rear ladder folds down into the boat body, completely flush. Very nice.
    14. Battery compartment is more accessible. Fold up panel lets you reach the pumps easier.
    15. Seats are incredibly comfortable. They are wide, soft and have great back support. I also think they look awesome.
    16. Console position lowered for the graph shelf, allowing you to add 15" and still be below the windbreaker on the console. (Not flush, but looks great)
    17. Sea Deck in the console area.
    18. Baffled gas tank, keeps the gas from sloshing around, moving the boat on turns.

I spoke with Mr. Morris at the show and asked how they came up with all the changes and he said they got every single Ranger pro in a room and told them to pick the 520L apart. Give them feedback on what they like and dislike. This was the result. I have a 2019 Ranger and I love it. It's slow, but that's fine. The Ranger engineer said this boat with 1 person, full tank of gas and loaded with tournament gear will run 71. Empty with 1 person, 76-77.

Take it for what it's worth. I looked at Phoenix, Bass Cat, Caymas and Vexus at the show. There wasn't a boat that impressed me more than this one. I will post compartment pictures in a second.
    Great write up. I ordered mine a week ago. I am excited to hear the changes from the L boat. I will miss my c but this sounds like it might be a good switch
    Ryan Bauman 2022 Ranger 520R 250 Mercury ProXS Fourstroke

18. Member
    I’m with you. I’ll miss my 520C but am super excited with the upgrades in the 520R

Man it sounds impressive. I hope and pray Mr Morris carries this over to the 600 series boats and others. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
    Man it sounds impressive. I hope and pray Mr Morris carries this over to the 600 series boats and others. Thanks
    That would be nice!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast