Active Target Question

I have recently put Active Target on my boat and everything works well but I cannot get the cone projection icon to spin when I move my tolling motor. Is there a setting I need change in order to get that to move?

Is there a calibration you need to do so it knows which way is forward?

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

3. Member
    I have a point one on my boat.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger8470 View Post
    I have a point one on my boat.
    I assumed that, but the software in the unit may need to calibrate with the point 1.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

5. Member
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 8, 18, 0.75)]
    This is what I found on Lowrance website. I have the same problem but didn't really use the icon for direction. Hope this helps.

Without a heading sensor, the Beam Direction Icon will use Course Over Ground (COG) data from the connected display. With COG, a speed threshold must be reached in the direction the Boat is moving, before the Beam Direction Icon will provide accurate data. With a Heading sensor installed, the Beam Direction Icon will always be accurate as long as the Heading sensor has been calibrated properly.
    [/COLOR]
    2019 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    225 Mercury 4 Stroke ProXS (# 2B591262)
    MinnKota Ultrex trolling motor
    Lowrance HDS Carbons

6. Member
    What trolling motor do you use, and how high is your transducer mounted above your motor? Have you calibrated your Point-1?
    ciao,
    Marc

7. Member
    Adding to Marcs questions:
    Is the unit using the AT using the Point-1 for heading? Pages-Settings-Network-Sources. Assuming this is your front unit and the P1 is mounted further back on your boat, you want your unit to use the internal GPS-receiver (this unit) for position and the P1 for heading.

8. Member
    My trolling motor is a Minnkota Ultrex and point 1 is near back of boat by transducer. Yes I have calibrated the Point 1.

9. Member
    Do as TC suggests. Make sure all the units with access to AT are using the Point 1 as the source for heading info.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

10. Member
    And since you are using an Ultrex which has magnets in the motor your AT Transducer should be about 10 inches above the motor.
    ciao,
    Marc

I barely use the cone, wherever the ultrex is pointed that’s how I make my casts.

12. Member
    Thank you!!

13. Member
    Would be cool if you could just remove it from screen in data overlays. Pretty much useless in TM applications. Only time I could see anyone needing it is if you mount it on one of those side mounts that turn separate from TM.
    2020 Phoenix 920 Elite | Merc 250 ProXS

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dam0007 View Post
    Would be cool if you could just remove it from screen in data overlays. Pretty much useless in TM applications. Only time I could see anyone needing it is if you mount it on one of those side mounts that turn separate from TM.
    It is far from useless in trolling motor applications. I watch the indicator on my screen all the time while I am scanning 360 degrees looking for fish or structure. And it is dead accurate. When I spot a target I don't need to take my eyes off of it to look at my trolling motor indicator. Remember that most trolling motors don't have heads that turn, only the indicator. Plus I use a 52" motor for fishing in big waves, so when in shallow calm water I have the trolling motor head up much higher than my HDS unit. Having to look up at the trolling motor arrow would be a pain in the neck if I had to do that constantly while scanning and looking down at my HDS screen.
    ciao,
    Marc

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dam0007 View Post
    I think it's more accurate than the trolling motor arrow... I look at both and I know I'm looking slightly right of the trolling motor arrow