Cherokee lodging

Looking for advice on a place / location to stay for a week long smallmouth fishing vacation at the end of March 2022 on Cherokee Lake.
    Hopefully that this is a good time to go.
    Thanks!!

2. Member
    Try Greenlee's if you're camping or need a cabin. They have three campgrounds, but not all have cabins. The Best Western at Exit 8 off I-81 is a nice place, or you could try vrbo. Good luck!!

3. Member
    ^^^ Is the Best Western boat-friendly parking- and electric plugin-wise?

4. Member
    Mike, definitely boat friendly parking, but not sure about hook-ups as I didn't have the boat with me when I stayed there. The front desk should be able to tell you if you give them a call.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamB View Post
    Try Greenlee's if you're camping or need a cabin. They have three campgrounds, but not all have cabins. The Best Western at Exit 8 off I-81 is a nice place, or you could try vrbo. Good luck!!
    Thanks Adam I’m off to a good start! Generally there will be 300 views and not many replies. But I will take any information I can get. Thanks again

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aj14 View Post
    Thanks Adam I’m off to a good start! Generally there will be 300 views and not many replies. But I will take any information I can get. Thanks again
    Welcome and hope it turns out to be a great trip for you!! Good thing about the area is if you get tired of Cherokee you can be on Douglas in a 1/2 hour or less. I was born and raised in the area. Grew up fishing Douglas with my grandfather until I went to the Navy in 81. Now when I go back it's to fish Cherokee with my brother. I'll try and make sure you get any news about the bite around the time you're going. When I go we stay above the 25E bridge, but if you remember when BASS was there several years ago in February, most of the fish were below 25E. Good luck and be careful!!

7. Member
    Yes, if you are targeting SM you will want to focus on the lower end at that time of year now. I haven't stayed at any of the motels in several years in Morristown as I only live 45 minutes away but all of them should be boat user friendly now as the Morristown Chamber of Commerce puts a lot of money into the area that is drawing a lot of the tournament trails there.

There is s fellow on here that goes by Mike Carroll that has come and stayed in a house around the 25E bridge the last couple of years so you may can message him about some rental options he has used.

8. Member
    Thank you as I may do that. My plans are to fish Cherokee for a week, Douglass for a day or two then off to Dale Hollow for a week or more. (recently retired has it's benefits!)
    I had a good time at Dale Hollow last year but wanted to try something else for smallmouth.
    That is why I am thinking Cherokee.
    Thanks as I want to put this together within a few days.

9. Member
    I stayed at the cabins at greenlee and they are nice and a rocks throw from the water. They also have two ramps and one is right by the cabins.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aj14 View Post
    Thank you as I may do that. My plans are to fish Cherokee for a week, Douglass for a day or two then off to Dale Hollow for a week or more. (recently retired has it's benefits!)
    I had a good time at Dale Hollow last year but wanted to try something else for smallmouth.
    That is why I am thinking Cherokee.
    Thanks as I want to put this together within a few days.
    hey look at VRBO on Cherokee lake, bean station. look for a pic of a house that has stone front and is round , (Cherokee lake front guest house.) its perfect own ramp, electric at pier.
    2022 1875 Lund Renegade XS
    Mercury 115 ProXS
    Garmin Force TM
    (2) Garmin 12"

11. Member
    Thanks guys for all the help. This is why BBC works for us all.
    Mike was very helpful also. But before I saw Mikes last post, I booked at cabin at Greenlee March 26- March 31.
    Then off to Dale Hollow for 11 days.

12. Member
    You won't have to do much running from that cabin/ramp area......good section of lake to be fishing for SM that time of year.