How to install Deck Lighting

I have a 2005 Ranger Fisherman 621 and looking to install some deck lights. What is the best way to run the wiring? Did you build your own harnesses? Any help our suggestions are greatly appreciated. I've tried looking for videos online and haven't found one that thoroughly details the install process.

Do you have any open accessory switches? Best case scenario you run all wires back to any open factory switches and use them since they are also fused on your breaker panel.

3. Member
    I fished new wire for ea light (6) total. Not hard on my skeeter, great access from most storage lockers. Fiberglass fish kit from harbor freight also works wonders. Definitely install a dimmer, you'll be glad you did, they are bright as hell at night! Good luck.

4. Member
    if you are ok with all the deck lights on one switch, then start at the rear of your boat and run the wires all the way to the front and then continue to pull that wire back down the other side to the rear. Keep a little slack on each side. you can tie in each light into this one main hot and ground wire. don't skimp on the connections. You need to plan for either connecting the power to an unused accessory switch or direct wire to the battery and add your own switch. Definitely add a dimmer switch.