Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningreel View Post
    Only the lounge can turn a hiring spree into a Debbie downer festival

That and dog piles

The key is in the details. Are they hiring a bunch of part-time employees without any benefits or full time employees that will actually make a livable wage?
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

Holy crap. Now I see what Pappy meant when he said "some folks would bitch if they were hung with a gold rope".

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizzou211 View Post
    Holy crap. Now I see what Pappy meant when he said "some folks would bitch if they were hung with a gold rope".
    I heard it was a new rope. Same sentiment though. LOL
    GETFISHED !!!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Junk Fisherman View Post
    The key is in the details. Are they hiring a bunch of part-time employees without any benefits or full time employees that will actually make a livable wage?
    100%. When companies hire tons of people at part time hours with zero benefits, then give them resources to apply for welfare / ebt it is net negative for the economy.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

6. Banned
    Amazon says I'll raise ya.

Amazon said on Tuesday it is boosting its average starting wage to $18 an hour for 125,000 new hires in the U.S., in jobs in transportation and fulfillment. Some locations are also offering sign-on bonuses of up to $3,000.

The new jobs may pay up to $22.50 an hour in some locations, Amazon said. The roles also provide full-time workers with health, vision and dental insurance, as well as a 401(k) and up to 20 weeks paid parental leave. The retailer earlier this month said it will pay full college tuition for its 750,000 U.S. hourly employees starting in January.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    100%. When companies hire tons of people at part time hours with zero benefits, then give them resources to apply for welfare / ebt it is net negative for the economy.

The link clearly states there are full time positions at every location.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    The link clearly states there are full time positions at every location.
    It could be the minority of the jobs available though. That said, in this hiring environment I’m sure they will have to offer better wages/benefits just to be able to keep staffing.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

9. Member
    Livable wage...... thats funny. It is a retail job that requires ZERO skill.

People love their buzz words don't they
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    It could be the minority of the jobs available though. That said, in this hiring environment I’m sure they will have to offer better wages/benefits just to be able to keep staffing.

I guess that is possible especially if one chooses to only see the negative in it. I am sure those that get the jobs will be happy to have a job.

Just like most every other buisness they must be short staffed too.

Glad to hear that they are hiring. Lots of jobs are out there and I hope they are able to fill them.
    Team Enigma Fishing

13. Member
    One thing I'm VERY happy to see from BPS and many other employers is on-site, face-to-face interviews with paper and pen job applications. I hope applying for jobs online and by text is a thing of the past.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

14. Banned
    Lots of help needed.
    Lifestyle

Footwear News
    Kohl’s Is Offering Bonuses Between $100 and $400 as it Looks to Hire 90,000 Seasonal Employees

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by getfished View Post
    I think BPS is and has been hiring for a while now. Nothing wrong with sending out a press release to kick off the holiday ramp up. Maybe this will be a positive for BPS and the economy as a whole. I noticed in the press release there wasn't any mention of any retirement benefits like a 401K. What's up with that ?
    Because unless you are considered Full Time at BPS, no benefits are offered. And there are very few full time employees working at each store. They keep that category to managers and a few floor personnel such as Lead Associates, usually one or two per section, i,e, Fishing, Apparel, Hunting etc. When I was there, the wage was 9 bucks an hour, with a .25 raise after a year. Of course there was the 45% discount on all BPS branded merchandise, and I got put on the Sage fly rods retail staff.
    I believe the only way the local BPS here stays open is due to them leasing out half of the building to a kids company that does trampolines, rock climbing , etc.
    We used to have to attend a meeting after the store closed every night and the Mgr would tell us which dept did the most sales. And at that store, it was always Hunting. And now with the shortage of ammo and weapons, that section is probably hurting also. I talked to a buddy that still works there, he said there are empty pegs all over the store because they can't get stock in to sell. Tough time for retail.
    Last edited by acesover; 09-16-2021 at 10:21 AM.

16. Member
    I would think this is good news if it wasn’t for the fact that everywhere you look there is help wanted signs and company’s struggling to fill positions!

17. Banned
    They need more per hour just to clear child care costs.
    All of those children were fathered by someone. Sperm donors should pay up or be locked up so they can't create more fatherless children.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JHelms View Post
    One thing I'm VERY happy to see from BPS and many other employers is on-site, face-to-face interviews with paper and pen job applications. I hope applying for jobs online and by text is a thing of the past.
    My son went for an interview yesterday for a position at a hospital as a maintenance technician, they told him they’d text or call him to let him know.

19. Member
    Good for BPS and Mr Morris. Wished I lived close to one. But at my age I would want part time.

20. Member
    If it was closer, I'd consider it but it is 37 miles and I would ask for a shot at the ammo, before it hit the retail floor.
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast