Pantera Classic wiring

Alright. So I have a new mega 360 and Helix 9 on the way. I'm wanting to run a standalone 10 ga wire directly to the battery. This will go to a buss bar which I intend to handle the existing Helix 7, the new Helix 9 and the Mega 360. What would would be the easiest way to run the wire? Directly through the sump to the front of the boat?

At the same time I am considering adding a 4th battery just to run the electronics. I run a Batteries Plus X-2 and have never run it down but I am very paranoid about power usage. I have a 31 agm Duracell in the shop and a 4 bank battery charger sitting in there too so the 4th battery upgrade would only cost me the few bucks for a battery tray.

What say the BBC braintrust?

Through the center of the boat, down the Vee and out the bow area.

3. Member
    I ran some 10 gauge wiring from the battery area to the bow in my 2019 Classic. l ran it up the starboard side. Required some fishing, but not difficult at all. I chose not to run it up the centre of the boat as the trolling motor wiring is there. Much more prone to electrical interference if power wires of your electronics are close to the troller wiring. I actually installed a blue seas panel as well.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

Dstacks7,

Just as catdude28 says - stay away from the trolling motor power cables. I have a PII, so a little different but have been running Humminbird electronics for over 10 years now. They are power hungry and 90% of any issues with them is due to inadequate power and/or faulty installation. If you have room for a 4th battery, I would highly suggest it...that's what I did in my PII and it works great! Go to Sam's Club and grab another Duracell, AGM or lead acid, and you can go to a smaller one too. I am running a lead acid 27 series for my electronics and it's been great. I have a Helix 12 on the console, two Helix 9's w/M360 on the bow and they are run direct to the battery with inline fuses. I don't have any power issues at all...

Good luck!
    Rob Ridge
    www.folsombassteam.com
    2018 Nitro Z19 Pro, 200 Mercury Pro XS

5. Member
    Soo update. 360 and Helix arrived today and like a kid in a candy store I could not resist. Wire will be here tomorrow and I can get it run. All in all I'm happy with how they mounted. I've got more space to come over the bow than I anticipated. 20210916_191237.jpg20210916_191332.jpg

Haha, nice!!! I can tell you from experience, you are going to want more screen up front! The M360 almost needs it's own screen unless you're running a Helix 15. I run 2 Helix 9's up front and one is dedicated to M360. They are mounted on a Precision Sonar PMS dual mount which works with the large size RAM...works really well for me boat!

PII-1.jpg
    Rob Ridge
    www.folsombassteam.com
    2018 Nitro Z19 Pro, 200 Mercury Pro XS

7. Member
    I'm going to use the 9 solely for the 360. I will eventually replace the 7. I pretty much only use it for mapping now. Mount is a ram c sized ball which probably won't last very long.

Thank you for the input. Your setup is a more than a few steps above mine.

8. Member
    I ran my wire along the side through the boxes alongside the console and out the back straight to the battery. Was relatively easy with fish tape.