Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best tire for dual axel trailer

I used the search option and found lots of posts about trailer tires. I really didn't find many current posts. I have a Champion 203 with a 250 merc on a dual axle trailer. Would like to get new tires. Looking for suggestions for the best.
    Thanks - Steve
    Steve in Texas
    1999 ChampioN 203 DC
    2011 Mercury Optimax 250 Pro XS
    Ultrex 36v 112# - 2 10" Helix - 1 10" Garmin for Livescope Plus

G
    o
    o
    d
    y
    e
    a
    r

e
    n
    d
    u
    r
    a
    n
    c
    e

p
    e
    r
    i
    o
    d

T
    h
    a
    n
    k
    s
    !
    Steve in Texas
    1999 ChampioN 203 DC
    2011 Mercury Optimax 250 Pro XS
    Ultrex 36v 112# - 2 10" Helix - 1 10" Garmin for Livescope Plus

Only trailer tire made in US .. just put a set on my boat!!

Currently running GY Endurance and if they perform half as well as my US made Marathons did I will be happy. If not in a rush watch for sales at Amazon and Walmart. If one has them on sale the other probably will also. Got a set of 5 for $350 TMD (not mounted).

6. Member
    Goodyear Endurance

7. Member
    just put a set on my trailer

8. Member
    Here is the problem. Availability is getting bad. I actually had to get 2 Chinese [this kills me] tires as I cannot find a USA or Korean made tire anywhere to fit my tilt equipment trailer. The rest of the story. I lent it out and was rewarded with a flat spot where this person did not adjust his brake module. So I pulled the tire off, a Gladiator qr25-ts and put a tow king spare that I had gotten with one of my new trailers that may have had 10-20 miles on it and 3 years old. I ran a load downstate and didnt want to deal with a bouncing trailer for 200+ miles. The load was only 3000lbs and the belts started breaking in about 25 miles of expressway speeds on the so called new china spare! So it came off and the flat spotted one that has thousands of miles [quite a few overloaded] went back on and finished the run. This is the only trailer I have left that has China made tires on it and these Gladiator tires are the only chinese tires that I have ran that have not failed. This trailer does not go more than a few hundred miles from home so I left them on. Simple tire had 6 left so I picked up 2. This whole supply this is getting long in the tooth and I believe it is going to get worse! So if you can get the Endurance hurry up! I am going to order a set of Coopers for my Super Duty as they only have 2 sets left from what I can see on the net. CJ
    Last edited by CJ1; 09-17-2021 at 01:21 PM.
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

9. Member
    CJ you are not kidding on tires and other things are running short supply.

I wish Michelin would offer 14 inch load range D tires in a 205 and 215.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    G
    o
    o
    d
    y
    e
    a
    r

e
    n
    d
    u
    r
    a
    n
    c
    e

p
    e
    r
    i
    o
    d

Enough Said
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

12. Member
    Or if your tires are the right size, a good LT tire.
    Mercury 2002 200hp Carbed Saltwater
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay

13. Member
    Just put a set on from Discount Tire

14. Member
    I've had Goodyear Endurance since Oct 2018 on my Z520 and have not had a single issue with them.
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci

15. Member
    We sell tires and u better get what u can find. Newsome in Cali has caused super issues with supply believe it or not on west coast. Going to really get worse. Plants in USA are taxed to the max. Ain’t seen nothing yet
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DewRonInc View Post
    We sell tires and u better get what u can find. Newsome in Cali has caused super issues with supply believe it or not on west coast. Going to really get worse. Plants in USA are taxed to the max. Ain’t seen nothing yet
    ^^^^^ Are all u guys listening to this man ^^^^^? I just got my new Coopers for my truck and they will sit in the garage until I need them. BUT I will have them when I do! CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ1 View Post
    ^^^^^ Are all u guys listening to this man ^^^^^? I just got my new Coopers for my truck and they will sit in the garage until I need them. BUT I will have them when I do! CJ
    Yep. I bought a new Skeeter trailer with Goodyear Endurance tires on it. It was missing the spare tire and wheel. I found the wheel and had it at the house in three days. Finding the Goodyear Endurance tire to match the rest was a challenge. I work for a shop that has accounts with four different tire distributors NONE had the specific tire and size in stock. Also none had an estimated time for stock levels to be filled. I wound up finding a shop that had three in stock. Paid full price for it. Now they have none left three days later.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ1 View Post
    Haha I had my newest set of endurance tires in the garage since spring, I wasn't getting Rona'ed. Same with a jack and winch that are on their way out.

19. Member
    I just bought a set of ko’s for my one ton. Just put new tires on my boat trailer, and damn if I didn’t tear one up, got new but they had 50 when I picked up the 4. I think I am going to get 4 white letter car tires and be done with it. They last longer than trailer tires anyway. Cooper has a great trailer tire if u can get them….
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

20. BBC SPONSOR
    problem is that the Endurance isn't available for 20" rims. I had to put LT rated Coopers on mine due to the odd size.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast