Thread: Camp Mack

Camp Mack

Hi everyone iam wondering if anyone has been fishing camp Mack area lately, especially with all of the rain we have had wondering if has messed up the fishing any thanks.😁

2. Member
    If you know where water is flowing, fish are feeding.

3. Member
    okay thanks thought about running up to toho waters always flowing out of shingles creek ,our classic is at camp mack next month i know things will change by then thanks tim

4. Banned
    If you decide to run to Toho be very careful at Southport canal entrance on Cypress.
    Do Not come off plane hydrilla is beyond thick there.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EL Skeeter View Post
    If you decide to run to Toho be very careful at Southport canal entrance on Cypress.
    Do Not come off plane hydrilla is beyond thick there.
    Probably not anymore. You just told FWC where the Aquatic Vegetation is. Send out the Hounds.
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

6. Member
    Remember every grass Nazi will hound you. Running water and virgins. I bass fished in Japan and enjoyed it. Don’t ask questions for people making $27 off a tournament spending $450 to learn that spot.

7. Member
    Thanks guys I appreciate all the advice I can get on the the 7/8 of next month is our pre fishing days 9/10 is our tournament days, have not been there in 20 years getting excited my mini vacation and get to fish, any help would be appreciated guy’s,thanks for everything so far tim.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottOz View Post
    Probably not anymore. You just told FWC where the Aquatic Vegetation is. Send out the Hounds.

9. Member
    well guys getting ready to come done and pre fish be at camp mack thursday am arond 7-8am .hopefully water is clear and plenty of grass in the canalsand some pads, see you all there will be in a20ft express center console,my partners boats we have been freinds and fish together for 20 years hope its good this year as well,thanks guys see you there and tight lines guys

10. Member
    hopefully those hounds cant read.....

Good luck!
    USAF Retired 1983 - 2003
    Ground Radio Technician
    2013 Nitro Z6 115 Optimax

12. Member
    Well guy’s first day yesterday and no water running out of cypress went to school bus island nothing went to mouth of tiger water flowing out but o bites rattle traps jerk baits speed worms, no bites at all , went to tiger lake caught 3 fish went between 2-3# each going to be tough tournament Saturday and Sunday. Thank you all.

13. Member
    Well guys 2nd no fish I think this classic is going to be a bomb, tomorrow 1st day of classic hopefully we will catch something,went to Brama island and lake hatchinhaw? ,cypress all zero any of guy’s have any ideas,

14. Member
    Fishing was tough on the Kissimmee Chain this weekend. We didn't fish the tournament but we saw several boats who were. Our bigger bites came later in afternoon. Biggest went over 7lbs.
    2019 Vexus 1880 w/ Mercury Pro-XS 115 4-stroke, MK 80lb Fortex, Twin Helix 7 Birds, Pro II PowerPole. AEguideservice.com

15. Member
    So how did you end up doing? What weight won the Event?

Fishing was a tough as I've ever seen it on Kissimmee this weekend. I got a few but not many and no real big ones. Friends I was fishing with all got fish, but like me not many and no real big ones. Just a Tough Tough weekend.

One of us did Talk With some guys hunting Gators at night that were just coming in as they were ready to pull out. Those guys said we were fishing the Wrong Time. They said the Bass were Busting Shad at night almost all night each night they were out.

16. Member
    I'm not sure if this was the Tournament the OP was fishing or not, but there was an Elite Single Man TX out of Camp Mack that weekend where to win it took:

46 Lbs for a 2-Day Total.

9 lb 8 oz for Big Fish

Those guys must of figured something out that was working!!!