Mega 360 problems

Been debating on getting a mega 360 ,
    From doing a little reading it seems people have quit alot of trouble with them either not turning off , not turning on , units not recognizing them and see several post about one side or both sides of the transducer failing , sometimes after only a few weeks old .
    Are these things that undetectable or prone to damage ?
    2002 520dvx Ranger
    2014 225 mercury pro xs
    Garmin livescope-126sv ,
    Humminbird 859,
    Garmin 126sv ,
    helix 10 SI
    dual - pro powerpole
    112 ultrex

2. Member
    We've been running ours for abut 18 mos. with no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger-Jim View Post
    Been debating on getting a mega 360 ,
    From doing a little reading it seems people have quit alot of trouble with them either not turning off , not turning on , units not recognizing them and see several post about one side or both sides of the transducer failing , sometimes after only a few weeks old .
    Are these things that undetectable or prone to damage ?

3. Member
    I haven't experienced any of the issues being brought up.
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums

4. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Mostly what you hear on forums like this or Facebook Groups is the things that go wrong. I've had my Mega 360 for almost a year and it has worked flawlessly. The things I've seen that do seem to go wrong with some people are one of the piezos going out and the shaft loosening from the pod. The 2nd one is an easy fix and Humminbird can talk you through it but the first one will require the unit to be returned to Humminbird. As far as what percentage have the piezo failure, I haven't any idea. I have heard, however, that Humminbird has attributed some of the failures to people using brackets to stiffen the unit. This actually causes undue vibrations and stress in the pod. The shaft is designed to flex and putting a bracket on the lower portion of the shaft passes vibrations to the pod and actually voids the warranty.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

5. Member
    Just sent mine in to HB for the third time, twice now for it not being recognized. Also, there seems to be a fix in the latest update addressing the dreaded mega 360 not detected. Also, not sure how a bracket would cause a voided warranty. How does HB even know you used a bracket? In fact mine is actually out of warranty but they’re not charging me to fix it one more time.
    Last edited by woppercatcher; 09-16-2021 at 08:27 PM.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

I bought my mega 360 the first of May and its hooked to Gen4 Helix 9. The first 10 weeks no problems. The last 2 weeks of July It would work for the first half hour then the screen would state the transducer was out of the water even though it was deployed. I didn't fish in August (just too hot) but it has worked fine so far in Sept. However the last time out the Helix 9 froze 3 times and I had to restart the unit. I don't know what to think.
    The best way to cheer yourself up is to cheer up someone else.

7. Member
    Hopefully the - 360 not detected - will be fixed with the update ,
    The main problem I'm worried about is the piezo going bad , it's no problem long as there is warranty but if you put alot of hours fishing in each season like alot of people do, how long is the actual life expectancy of the thing?
    2002 520dvx Ranger
    2014 225 mercury pro xs
    Garmin livescope-126sv ,
    Humminbird 859,
    Garmin 126sv ,
    helix 10 SI
    dual - pro powerpole
    112 ultrex

8. Member
    360 is awesome but just started having issues have to call Humminbird this week. One side stopped working, and now it won't connect/be recognized by the unit. Got it back In February so should be under warranty. Its a headached right now to get it fixed, but definitely well worth it when its working. Ran fine before that and put right about 330 hours on it up until it stopped working.