Thread: Older MK Ultrex

Older MK Ultrex

Hey guys, My Ultrex is about 4 years old. Got it right after they came out. Haven't had a lick of trouble out of this thing and I've used it and abused it. Recently the pedal started locking up - Had to wait for it to unlock before I could move it. Took it in and had the mother board replaced in the foot pedal. It was fine for 1 trip then started locking up again and is now losing spot lock too. Anyone else had this happen? Thanks
    Proverbs 3: 5&6

2. Member
    Motherboard??? there are 2 boards in the foot pedal. One is the mother board and the other is the sensor board. My first thought is that since it is 4 years old that it probably had the first get sensor board. So I would have replaced it first. Please double check on that. But if you are correct then I would change the sensor board.

Sounds like the steering sensor to me. The early models with the exposed ribbon wire will all fail at some point. The part has been updated.

4. Member
    Thanks guys. she's back at the shop now. Waiting to hear from them on a dx

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Sounds like the steering sensor to me. The early models with the exposed ribbon wire will all fail at some point. The part has been updated.
    I will agree with the above poster. My Ultrex was purchased in the spring shortly after they came out in the previous fall. So mine too was from the first generation of units out there in use. In May of this year my steering cable snapped and needed replacement. When I brought it in for service my Minn Kota repairman was pretty sure my unit was out of warranty but stated Minn Kota had been pretty good about replacing parts under warranty for units such as mine. Not only did he replace the cable with a newer thicker cable but was able to replace the steering sensor even though it still worked with the current one that is in waterproof casing. Minn Kota did not charge him for either part.

6. Member
    This is pretty frustrating. Guy at repair shop can’t get it to replicate the issue. So frustrating.