Need help on Chic lake

Hey guys I have never fished Chic lake and have a club tx in 2 weeks. I am looking for any info I can get. What to expect? Things to look for? Navigating? etc? I hope to get out at least once to run the lake and look around but hopefully get out twice.

Thanks in advance for any info.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

2. team stratos
    hey jinx im not too familiar with the lake as I've only fished it twice but I caught some good fish and done it the way you like with a frog, any pocket filled with duckweed is a bass magnet, thicker the better...

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bumperjack View Post
    hey jinx im not too familiar with the lake as I've only fished it twice but I caught some good fish and done it the way you like with a frog, any pocket filled with duckweed is a bass magnet, thicker the better...
    Hell yea.. like to hear that!!!!
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx

4. Member
    I've only fished there once...the only thing I can tell you about it is it's extremely pressured and it has big ones

5. Member
    Jinx. Chick is highly pressured but it usually takes a very good bag to win. Lots of heavy grass this time of year…..makes a small lake fish even smaller. Hollow body frogs, horny toads, senkos, creature baits.

I have not fished up there this year. I prefer the lower 1/2 of the lake…..especially on the west side (pitching to emergent vegetation just above the dam, in the isolated cedar trees on west side, pad fields on west side).

You’ll be fine running the lower end but need to stay in the channel as you go towards upper end. There is a poorly marked channel in the vicinity of eagles landing boat ramp…..with a couple huge trees & shallow water…….I always cringe when running up there…..and stare at my mapping when I do.

Ed Allens publishes weekly tourney results & foshing reports.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

@Jinxbass Check your PM

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning 6 View Post
    Jinx. Chick is highly pressured but it usually takes a very good bag to win. Lots of heavy grass this time of year…..makes a small lake fish even smaller. Hollow body frogs, horny toads, senkos, creature baits.

I have not fished up there this year. I prefer the lower 1/2 of the lake…..especially on the west side (pitching to emergent vegetation just above the dam, in the isolated cedar trees on west side, pad fields on west side).

You’ll be fine running the lower end but need to stay in the channel as you go towards upper end. There is a poorly marked channel in the vicinity of eagles landing boat ramp…..with a couple huge trees & shallow water…….I always cringe when running up there…..and stare at my mapping when I do.

Ed Allens publishes weekly tourney results & foshing reports.
    Thanks for the info. That helps. I hope to get up there a time or 2 before the tx.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dot View Post
    @Jinxbass Check your PM
    Gotcha... thx!!!
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx

Body in North GA (Lake Lanier) - Heart in KS
    Black or dark purple trick worms on shaky!
    2008 ChampioN 198 / 225 Opti ProXS! 1999 187 DC Elite / Merc 175 efi & 1989 184 DCR /Merc 175 xri

10. Member
    How did you do in this one?

11. Member
    I sucked big time. I need more time there. I did enjoy fishing it though.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx