155VS rides better than 519???

Hello guys. Just wanted to start a conversation here for the fun of it. I have owned a 1998 519DVS for a few years now, I love it cause it's so stable and makes a heck of a fishing platform. A couple things I don't like about it is the lack of legroom at the console, and the ride isn't that great.
    My dad owns a 2004 16ft 155VS (rare) and I can tell a big difference in the ride, it has a much softer ride. Is this just my imagination lol? The 519DVS in 1998 was supposed to be the big dog that year. Is it because the 155VS is a 2004 and all Rangers had hull improvements by then???

2. Member
    I'm going with Option "A": It's just your imagination. The 519VS was one of Ranger's better riding hulls. I wished they had used that hull in the 520VX, that would have been a beast! You're probably getting a skewed view of ride as the 155 is a much slower rig.
    2006 Ranger Z20 / 225HP Merc Pro XS

3. Member
    I had a 1998 518DVS and when I got in rough water it had a fairly harsh ride. I would trim down a bit to get the nose to push into the waves otherwise it would slap pretty hard. I would think the 519 would be a little better but I think it is the same hull design so probably same ride as well.
    2017 Ranger 518 w/ Evinrude 150HO G2

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cwalsh View Post
    I had a 1998 518DVS and when I got in rough water it had a fairly harsh ride. I would trim down a bit to get the nose to push into the waves otherwise it would slap pretty hard. I would think the 519 would be a little better but I think it is the same hull design so probably same ride as well.
    I agree, adjusting the trim helps.....but it still beats me to pieces at times...the 155VS seems to have a softer cushioned ride altogether. The hull designs of the two look basically the same underneath...so I don't know what it could be...

Quote Originally Posted by wjhuskey View Post
    so I don't know what it could be...
    ...Maybe it's the driver?

I would also think the displacement of two people in a 16 ft boat would be lower than two people in 19 ft boat.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!